WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2

Thread: Winchester 75 with 52 trigger group

Boolit Master

Winchester 75 with 52 trigger group

Just bought a 75 on GB. Was advertised as sporterized and missing some parts so I got it cheap. I am not familiar with the 75 but it looked straight forward to disassemble. After some struggle I got it apart to find a trigger pack. I was looking at numrichs and noted the 75 has no trigger pack. I then saw signs of careful machining and stock inletting. Checking schematics for the 52d I came to the conclusion some careful Smith had fit a 52 trigger to a 75. Anyone ever see this?

I have not. Your post caused me to check Numrich, and parts for both rifles seem scarce. Hope you can get it working.

DG

Boolit Master

The 75 was available in heavy barrel target and also lighter sporter versions, as was the higher end 52. The description of yours as having been sporterized hints at it having started as a target rifle. Back in the day, a 52 sporter cost about what a Model 70 cost, too much for most rimfire shooters. And the 52 triggers were legendary. So, I can see some feller doing his best by lightening a 75 and installing a 52 trigger. This is the sort of rifle I enjoy, if it shoots.

If the receiver hasn't been modified, the Winchester Model 69a trigger parts should fit.

The Model 67, 68, 69 & 75 all used the same receiver, ergo the same trigger parts.

Some parts are here: https://oldarmsofidaho.com/product-c...odel-75-parts/
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Other than trigger mod the rifle is a stock 75 target. Lyman sights. Factory magazine. It fires as is. I think it has been modified too much with milling to return to factory. The 52 housing is scarce and worth what I paid for the rifle.

Boolit Master

Sounds like a classic case of "If it could only talk".

While the 69A/75 is no 52, the triggers were nothing to be ashamed of. Makes you wonder about the original motivation.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy
    A friend of mine had a massive collection of Winchester 22's including a number of guns that the guys building the rifles put together for themselves in little government work projects. Could have been one of those. The 75 is a nice rifle but its trigger was no 52 trigger. That should be an excellent little rig!