RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Customer Service

Boolit Bub

Customer Service

Recently placed an order with Brownell's for a couple of Dewey cleaning rods among some other small things. Instead of getting cleaning rods I got an AR15 upper....most might be happy with this mistake but not me. I do the online chat with Brownell's and they pass my info to someone in the company of whom never contacted me. I call them and I'm customer # 50 in the queue (I miss the call back which is my fault of course). I send them an email and do not get a response. Is this normal from this company? Not looking to smear a company just looking for thoughts on what I should do besides wait for 3 hours on the phone.

I'd say that is unusual for Brownell's, but I imagine that they're swamped with people reacting to the new gun laws and grabbing all things AR-15. When I can't get through to a service dept. I use "redial" on my phone and try every time I think to do so. When it rings and I get the recording I hang up, then try again 15 min. later, repeat. You might, perhaps, make lemonade from the part you received and resell it for more than the rods are worth and reorder the rods. Frustrating, I know....

DG

Boolit Master
    I had them call me back in less time than they said and fixed the problem in minutes. Yes I would say that is unusual! I've never had them get an order wrong either. I do troubleshooting though and sometimes it's one wrong thing after another!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Customer Service? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Boolit Master

Brownells like everyone else is struggling now with help, so maybe something we need to get use to and be patient.

Customer Service was not a Oxymoron until Babyboomers had their kids join the Workforce.

In my experience / at my company, entry level support/call center employees don't show up to work, leave without notice after a few days and show work ethics that are something I cannot even understand. Yes, may be a generational thing, but all companies I know of (IT industry) are struggling finding people willed to work. Let alone finding employees who have any "support" experience. I would not blame Brownells - it is crazy in the employment market right now.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Grand Master

1 order a lot from Brownell's yearly. I've been a customer since the late 70's. In all the years I have only had to use customer service twice. Once they sent the wrong part and once the package got smashed during shipping and the product was damage. In both cases they were outstanding resolving the issues. That being said customer service has taken a hit for all business in the last 2 1/2 years. I haven't had any issues with Brownell's but I have had significant issue with non-firearm business.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Please, would you PM me with the "couple of Dewey cleaning rod" item numbers you ordered from Brownell's? I would very much like to receive an AR-15 upper instead.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

These are definitely strange times. Did they charge you for the rods ?

Boolit Bub
    To close the loop, Brownell's returned my email a week ago and settled up just fine. Everyone is happy! Must just be the times.

Boolit Master
    Brownell's had a special if you bought 500 Lapua bullets you got a free VhitaVuori Oy reloading manual FREE. I asked the sales person what was necessary to get the free manual. He said if I ordered 500 the free manual kicked in automatically. Got the bullets but no manual. Called to ask what's up. Different sales person said I used the wrong order #. Told him the original sales person's instructions. Told me he was sorry but would sell me one with no shipping charge. Brownell's hasn't got my money for the past 15 years. Maybe it's been longer.

Called Ponsness Warren Monday afternoon and Jean took my order for 410 tooling for my 375 Duomatic. She told me before taking the order that they wouldn't be able to ship till Thursday or Friday. I told her no rush and gave her my particulars. Got a notice of shipping USPS Priority mail from PW Tuesday evening from Sue. Thursday my 410 tooling was in my PO box.