Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lou Alessi, under-appreciated genius.

Boolit Grand Master

Lou Alessi, under-appreciated genius.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2733.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	301502
    Recently, I bought an Alessi holster missing a snap for the princely sum of $5.00. (It's the one with the pachmayred M-10). It was a little scuffed up, but the leather alone was worth that. I cleaned it up and replaced the broken snap and gave it a try. What a neat Holster. It is an IWB k Frame holster that is the most comfortable of its type that I have found. It offers one-hand re-holstering, a pull through security snap to keep your gun with you if you are in a scuffle, and nestles comfortably at the 4:00 position I prefer.

I liked it so much that I had to make one myself for my Colts. I quickly found out that while it was a simple design, the devil was in the details. I made 3 holsters, getting the pattern right, and his is still nicer than mine. The one I made is serviceable and works fine for me, but the fit is not perfect. That of the original is perfect.

This comes as no shock to me, given the quality of his other holsters I have owned. I have a shoulder holster for a 6" Colt Python that is ideal, and I used to carry a PPK in one of his OWB thumb breaks. His holsters were excellent. Sadly, when he passed on the business faltered, then when his protégé died while running the business, Alessi Leather closed up shop. Which was a darned shame, for they made some of the best and most innovative concealment, revolver holsters. They had an IWB Cross draw holster for a 6 inch N-frame that was surprisingly comfortable and concealable that had to be seen to be appreciated. I would pay good money for one of their 1970's catalogs.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Vendor Sponsor

I have an Alessi IWB for a Commander, has belt loops on each end that hang over the waistline, VERY well made holster, tucks the gun in right where you want it.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Mold
    If you like Alessi holsters, give Skip Ritchie's work a look. He was a partner of Lou's and has been making holsters, with his brother Tom, using a lot of patterns and co designs from the Alessi Shop. His work is first rate and turn around is quick, if what you want is not already in stock. Great folks....
    https://www.ritchieholsters.com/