Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Hornady case feeder

Boolit Buddy

Hornady case feeder

Hi guys. There seems to be a few that have built printed case feeders for the LNL.
    Any experience you have had? Any for sale that are actually available?
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    If you go to Thingiverse, there are people who sell their models if you don't want to print it yourself.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2488944

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4893734

That is for the lower portion....the motorized case feeder I bought used and did not build.

Boolit Buddy
    Also, this thread here is for bullet feeders too (and I think it has the case feeder):

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ullet-Collator

Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post
    Also, this thread here is for bullet feeders too (and I think it has the case feeder):

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ullet-Collator
    This Hornady 'Printed' Case feeder on Thingiverse is nice for Hornady owners, as the feeder interface between the collator and the press is made specifically for the Hornady.

The case collators on the castboolits, Making that Bullet Collator thread is not that one, but its collator could be converted to work with it or any other feeder/feeder die system.

IOW's, there's two parts to this: the Electric Collator (or Lee style hand fed "tubes") and the bullet feeder system of downtubes, and feed dies made to interface to your specific press. The following two pictures are what TylerR's files here in the CastBoolit's thread can make for any press:

Collators, brass and bullet
    And below, case-activated bullet feeder dies.....some pistol, others, rifle.

Feeding cases to a shell plate is not included....Dillon 650/750's are built-in, no printed parts necessary. Got a Hornady? Then print the one on Thingiverse, or buy it from Hornady. Got a Pro Chucker.....buy that directly from RCBS....then modify it to work better like I did.

Now, if you don't 3d print, nor are you interested in starting that side hobby to print your own, then you'd best save your money and buy commercial. I spent $500 on my big bed printer and I still saved money ...... One printer for $500 and 5 case/bullet collators, 5 feed dies, and many other projects, or spend $450 to $500 for each bullet or case feeder/collator and and $100's more for each caliber conversion kit. Printed caliber conversion kits, 3d printed are $10 to $20 each.

A printed collator is $30 of PLA plastic, $30 to $50 for a Motor, $30 for a proximity switch, relay, and speed control. $140 +/-. Times 5, maybe $700, including the big bed printer...$1200. Commercially that would be more like $2,500 and no printer to make more stuff.
    Last edited by GWS; 06-25-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow! Nice work on that stuff. Thanks guys!