RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primers

Boolit Mold

primers

I sure would like to reload again still cant find primers when will it end. Its been sooo long. The only website thats selling them are scam websites

Didn't you hear? Primer drought is over...https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301123611, only $133.29 including shipping and hazmat for 1,000.

Boolit Master
    I have been watching for SPP for a while

Zinc Point has been around for while and were gouging pretty bad for a while. Recently they look to have a lot of SPP and have dropped prices.

https://zincpoint.com/ammo-components/

As previously noted, Midway has CCI 450 (small rifle magnum, good for 223) for $99 per thousand (133.29 delivered)

Other places are showing stock that does not sell out right away. Look hard enough and you will find someone selling what you need. Do not expect to get US made at much better than Midway, imports can be had for less.

Take a look at https://ammoseek.com/reloading/primers
    Last edited by P Flados; 06-22-2022 at 11:26 PM.

Boolit Master
    last I looked there were plenty of primers if you are desperate-- places like gunbroker have them available although some are as high as $200/1000. That's still only 20 cents per round.
    Hick: Iron sights!

I check primer prices every few weeks to see how the supply is online. Like many others, I head over to Gunbroker. I know many can't stand the site and will not use it, and that's their right. But, it seems to be as good a source as any as a gauge for what's out there and at what price. I guess it all depends on how badly one is in need of some primers if they want them. I have a great deal of empathy for those caught short handed when things went crazy. Having been through a few primer droughts, and not shooting as much as I did at one time I'm not hurting for supplies for my needs.

My concern, is with new gun laws pending things could go south in a hurry making it only worse. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

It appears CCI just dumped a lot on the market. check ammo seek. I'm seeing $.08/primer for some types. It's high and I don't know what normal is anymore. I doubt we will ever see $.04/primer again

Boolit Grand Master

Just jump in the car and head for Illinois.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Natchez has a whole lot of them in CCI and Federal but they are on the high side and will probably be gone by the end of the day. I am guessing that Vista read the writing on the wall about the govt. not selling surplus ammo and decided there was going to be a run on reloading stuff and jump while the run is hot. So now all of a sudden there are plenty of those primers that they had none of just days ago? Amazing how that works. And just as amazing is how the stores jack up the prices.

Boolit Master
    There is an auction in Pa. with a whole bunch of primers going up for sale in a couple days. This is going to be interesting. Right now they are about 40-55.00 a 1,000 but I will bet they go up to or above gunbroker prices by bid time. Some of the guns are already crazy, a Marlin Camp 45 is at 590.00 with three days to go!!

Boolit Master
    I am thinking of breaking down ammo I have but don't shoot for the primers.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Love to find 1000 LRP’s at ( for today) a reasonable price. That would set me until the big dirt nap.

Boolit Master
    its too bad they make it nearly impossible for individuals to ship hazmat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I am thinking of breaking down ammo I have but don't shoot for the primers.
    I’ve tried that. I discovered that it’s easy to deform the primers. Going really slow helps, as does using a blunt decapping pin (the beveled one I normally use to avoid drawback can leave a bulge). For plinking ammo only; I don’t trust the decapped primers to be 100% reliable, though, excluding rounds that failed inspection for seating problems and therefore never made it to the gun, they’ve all worked so far.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Love to find 1000 LRP’s at ( for today) a reasonable price. That would set me until the big dirt nap.
    Seems like even Gunbroker prices wouldn’t break the bank if that’s all you need for a lifetime supply.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Just got a notice that Redeye scored primers. I have done business with Redeye in the past and would not hesitate to do so again.

Best deal I saw was 5000 Ginex SRP for $500 delivered. Not great, not terrible.

Note I am currently using Ginex SRP and like them fine.

https://redeyereloading.com/product-...owder/primers/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    I’ve tried that. I discovered that it’s easy to deform the primers. Going really slow helps, as does using a blunt decapping pin (the beveled one I normally use to avoid drawback can leave a bulge). For plinking ammo only; I don’t trust the decapped primers to be 100% reliable, though, excluding rounds that failed inspection for seating problems and therefore never made it to the gun, they’ve all worked so far.
    I have used more than a few decapped primers in the past. I have never damaged a primer decapping them. Yeah, I use them for unimportant things. I have a bunch (50 or so) of found 40 S&W and 45 ACP, picked up when scrounging brass. They are hanging around taking up space. I could pull the bullets, dump the powder, decap and have primers for a box of 44-40 plinking rounds. I would scrap the brass and I guess the bullets would go on the shelf so maybe it would not free up any space.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I have seen primers at the local Scheels & Fleet Farm recently, they are coming back...even some powder at Scheels.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master

I’ve salvaged well over a thousand of primers and don’t recall any that failed to work. They don’t get used for critical applications but they get used.
    To me discarding unfired primers is like throwing your pocket change in the trash.

Boolit Master

+1 on decapping and using . Saw no difference in accuracy - still limited only by my skill level !

Boolit Buddy
    Went into the highest priced gun store in town today and sp sr and lp primers all about 125. per 1000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast