MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk non upgraded...Thoughts? NEED HELP QUICK

Boolit Mold
    There are those of us who raise 3-screw Ruger Blackhawks to a 'cult status'. That being said, the gun you are looking at is the most common variety with it's 6 1/2" bbl (a 4 5/8" would greatly enhance its value); and it's common caliber (a .45 in that gun is worth every bit of $900-$1200); so, its $695 price tag is a tad high. The fact that is has NOT been converted to the "safety, transfer-bar" lock work is a big PLUS (if you do buy it, PLEASE do NOT have it converted). Also, depending upon the geographic area the gun shop is located in, you could strike a deal with the LGS. Where I'm located, we have mostly "Mall Ninjas" who only buy black semi-autos; so, that gun would languish for years in the LGS's gun case; hence they might take $100 off. I'd offer $600 (no tax) and if they say 'yes'.... GRAB THAT BABY. If not, go $600 + tax. It's the closest thing to a Colt SAA that you will ever have the pleasure to hold and cock.
    IMHO,
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    I follow Keith and Skeeter closely but have never gotten me a Blackhawk. I accidentally came across a near mint 1969 Blackhawk 6.5 barrel 357 3 screw. It has not been updated with a transfer bar and the shop is asking $695. The only thing wrong with it is some slight muzzle wear and light scratching on the barrel (almost not worth mentioning). I'm honestly at a loss if I should get it or not. My gun funds are dry but I could let go of some semi auto pistols...HELP me decide quick!
    You are asking the group of ultimate enablers when it comes to buying a gun or not. We are kind of like bring a 12 pack to an AA meeting! I just paid $1k for a 29-2 S&W with a bit of nickel freckling and S&W target but non original stocks, but I am a S&W wheel gun junkie so I feel your pain when the price is on the cusp of too much or a deal. Go make them an "out the door CASH price" and see how low you can get it for. Good luck and if you wind up with it show us the pics.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12