WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit for 50 gal fuel need cameras

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    If you go to the courthouse, you loose. A bottle of sugar pop in a can of gas or diesel will teach 'em not to suck eggs.
    Or get you vandalized. Either way you take your chances. If you have a good quality video to give the sheriff it sure couldn't hurt. If someone is stealing from you they are probably stealing from others as well. The more evidence the better.

A friend owns an electrical company that got broken into. Unless it is a closeup and good quality headshot of the thief it won’t help. The police weren’t interested in getting a copy of his security footage. I would suggest using your money to devise a different plan.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    Adam20 has a good idea there. I know nothing about tech stuff. Sometimes, hammers seem to be advanced tech for me. If Adam20's idea is plausible, I'd put them in very well hidden locations and then put out the cheapest trail cam obtainable. Let them think they have defeated a simple device and they will never look for the real deal.
    Hmmm see if you know anyone with a bad trail cam. Put a small tank of dye and a mini pump inside the gutted camera under the cover they have to open to get at the memory card/batteries... blaze pink should mark them for the community! Open door triggers switch and SPRAYED, add a little skunk pee to make them easier to detect via smell. Have a safety switch that is reachable thru a hole in the back... little bit of work but something you can keep around forever. Just remember to disable it before working on it!

Moderator Emeritus

A 4 camera wireless system that store at your location(no cloud required). Something like this does very well even at night but the cameras DO give off a glow for the night vision. I didn't search for one that doesn't. 1080P or better video so crystal clear...

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Wirel...30&sr=8-5&th=1

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    A friend owns an electrical company that got broken into. Unless it is a closeup and good quality headshot of the thief it won’t help. The police weren’t interested in getting a copy of his security footage. I would suggest using your money to devise a different plan.
    that's unacceptable in my book. if the police are not interested in doing the job to best of ability why are they there. they need to find some other line of work. I know where I live we only have county sheriff and state police and if something gets reported to them they take every call seriously and do the best they can each and every day at least that's the way I see it.

Boolit Master

What we EXPECT of the sheriff's department and what we GET are two different things. If I do the work and make the DA's case, I might get a favorable response. If THEY have to do work to gather evidence, surveille pawn shops, interpret photographs, follow leads, etc., to make "another 'iffy' case" for the DA, the victim's report is probably going straight into the sheriff's statistical crime file, and nothing further will be accomplished.

Only dumb luck, a cold stolen gun pawned, and one Detective's five year-old file led to the capture and prosecution of a Thief and RETURN of a firearm! Farm equipment, including fuel, isn't "sexy enough" for them to pursue.

Flash - Bang trip alarms might be useful (if you are near them, they are near you) - See Taofledermaus and Fith Ops 12 ga. and primer version videos.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    It turns out it was two teens, they hit a neighbor who had a shotgun and a motion alarm that sounded in the bed room. A round close to them and one crapped his paints and both stopped. They won't be prosecuted as both are pleading guilty to a dozen B&E's, they go before a judge in about 6 months. Each out on bond, $5000.00.

Boolit Buddy
    An acquaintance had a block of rough country in an area known for light fingers, and he was losing sheep. In days past, trap guns (trip wires attached to triggers - not clay target guns) were popular for killing wild dogs. By the time of our story, trap guns were of course highly illegal, but the folk memory of them remained. Our aggrieved stock owner responded to his losses by running for some months a weekly advertisement in the local newspaper "wanted to buy - single barrel shotguns, any condition".

My own organisation was running a grazing trial with sheep, unfortunately rather close to town. The locals were periodically butchering our sheep, which was not good for the integrity of the research data. It happened that a new project was kicking off, not in the paddocks, but in the Animal House. The project involved the use of radioactive isotopes to track phosphorus metabolism in sheep. Signs with the radioactive symbol had to be erected all around the shed. Some spare signs found their way out to the paddocks as well. End of problem.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 07-01-2022 at 06:02 AM.
    It'll be handy if I never need it.

Insomniac, agnostic, dyslectic - awake all night wondering if there is a Dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12