WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: Storage boxes for 310 die sets with handles?

Boolit Master

Storage boxes for 310 die sets with handles?

I have several die sets with handles but no box for storage. For sets without handles I use the Lyman brand plastic utility boxes they see for small items and they work well. Has anyone found a good alternative for handle sets? I found a Uline item intended for business cards of all things that might work, here:

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...d-Set-Up-Boxes

They come 50 to a carton, anyone want to split a carton with me? About a buck apiece. I am seeking alternatives, what do you have to suggest?

There is also this style, good bit cheaper and very study it appears.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...tructo-Mailers
    Last edited by trooperdan; 06-21-2022 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add a box

Boolit Grand Master
    They both look useful, with the two piece more like the original in structure and function but the second style probably a lot more durable. An additional advantage of using either of these boxes would be that they would stack well and could be marked or labeled easily to indicate their contents.

I have also found cigar boxes useful to store and carry my sets so I can throw in a set of handles, dies, and even a bullet mould with its handles. This is not as “authentic” as the boxes you have found, but if you are/know a serious cigar smoker, the boxes can be quite useful. I buy the nice wooden boxes that high end cigars come in, and joke that I was able to quit smoking cigars but can’t quit buying the boxes!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I use the whisky and scotch round tubes the bottles come in. Molds and handles stay in tack and fit.

I paint the outside black and print labels for the side and end for easy ID.

FREE!

Kanichi rum comes in a well-made wooden box painted red with sliding lid, Great mold storage also!

FREE!

I've got a multi-drawer, bench top sized tool chest for that purpose. Not an expensive one like Waterloo, but the same idea with two large bottom drawers that the handles fit into and smaller drawers on the top for the dies. It worked well for awhile until I got too many dies, so I bought one of the large plastic parts drawer units and the overflow went in there. The good thing about the parts drawers is that I could put a label on the front of the drawers and know what was inside, which saved a lot of time because some of them aren't marked with caliber and you have to figure out what they are by comparing the number on the die.

DG

Harbor Freight is your friend for storage.

Boolit Grand Master
    trooperdan, now that we have totally thrown your thread completely off track, probably due to my “opening salvo”, I’ll try to get us back on. If you are trying to get up a group to make an order, I could be interested in a half dozen or so of the two piece style. I’ve assembled several 310 sets for which I have no original orange boxes, so these generic boxes might come in handy, especially for marketing purposes. Please keep me in the loop.

Froggie

PS But I still like those wooden cigar boxes!
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by trooperdan View Post
    I have several die sets with handles but no box for storage. For sets without handles I use the Lyman brand plastic utility boxes they see for small items and they work well. Has anyone found a good alternative for handle sets? I found a Uline item intended for business cards of all things that might work, here:

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...d-Set-Up-Boxes

They come 50 to a carton, anyone want to split a carton with me? About a buck apiece. I am seeking alternatives, what do you have to suggest?

There is also this style, good bit cheaper and very study it appears.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...tructo-Mailers
    That one with the flap in front . . . . . those flaps always get caught on whatever is in the box and make it difficult to close. The lidded ones are far superior.

i save my usps small one price boxes ---

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    English Leather cedar boxes when I can find them. Getting kinda rare now days.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!