RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, June 18

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, June 18

Good morning all. As an adoptive father of 2 (and 1 bio), today's message hit me in the heart. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - Pastor Greg Laurie

Adopted as His Own

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, ‘Abba, Father’”
    —Romans 8:15

Growing up, I didn’t know my biological father. But my mother married a man named Oscar Laurie, who adopted me formally. He treated me as a father should treat a son. He disciplined me when I went astray. He did the best that he could in helping me to be a good boy. But tragically my mom left him, and I didn’t see him for the rest of my childhood.

However, I did have the privilege of reconnecting with him as a young adult, after I become a Christian and a pastor. I also had the privilege of leading him to the Lord.

Just as Oscar Laurie adopted me, God has adopted you, if you have put your faith in Christ. The Bible says, “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God” (Romans 8:14 NLT).

Are you a child of God? That comes through believing in Jesus Christ. He can pardon you of every sin you have ever committed. Maybe you’re thinking, “I’ve messed up and made mistakes. I have sinned.”

You don’t have to be controlled by your past. And you don’t have to be crippled by it, either. You can put it behind. You can become a new person in Jesus Christ.

This is your moment to come into a relationship with the God who loves you. He loves you so much that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to come to this earth, die on the cross for your sin, and rise from the dead. Now He stands at the door of your life and knocks. And if you hear His voice and open the door, He will come in.

Are you worn out and exhausted? Are you filled with sadness and depression? There is hope. But this hope is not in religion or in rules and regulations. It is hope in Jesus Christ coming to live inside of you.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Excellent message! And a great way to start the day.

Like we as adults feel towards young children. So our Father in heaven feels for us.
    As just as we may not give our children everything they want. (Think big stacks of cookies)
    So our Father in heaven gives us what we NEED in our lives not necessarily what we want, ask for.

Praise the Lord he does as we'd be a bunch of spoiled miserable Christians otherwise.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Amen, adopted into the family of God!

Boolit Grand Master

Many do not know, but under Roman law at the time one could disinherit a natural son, but if you adopted one, and adult adoptions were relatively common then, the adopted son could not be disinherited. So, under the law at the time, an adopted son was much more secure than a natural son.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!