RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: 35-30 in Contender

Boolit Master

35-30 in Contender

Anyone out there shooting one?
    Significant increase over a 357 Max or Herrett in 14' barrel?
    Most likely going to shoot the 200 grain GB or 180-190 grain Lar45/Ranch Dog projie.

Did not find anything with search, but then my ability to get the search here to work has been pretty dismal.
    Not sure what I am not doing right, but obviously, something@
    Last edited by TCLouis; 06-17-2022 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added info
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot the 357 Herrett with a 280 gr. RN from NOE and form my brass from 375 win. from star-line sure don't see how you could get more out of the 35-30 but I bet it will perform well as most 35 cal. do

Boolit Grand Master

I have a 35-30 chambered in a Model 64 Winnie. I have shot the Maxi and Herret extensively in my Sillywett career. The Herret will outperform the Maxi at all ranges. The Herret is a pain in the neck to form and shoot! The Maxi has factory available cases.

The 35-30 is a GREAT cartridge that will outperform the Herrett, but the margin is not as great as it is between the Maxi and Herrett. The 35 Remington will give the same basic results as a 35-30. HOWEVER, the 35-30 has a rim on it which I much prefer over the rimless Remington. The 35-30 is easily fireformed and loading is straight forward if you have the proper dies. I use a set of 35 Remington dies and a 375 Winchester die to resize the case wall (when needed). You would also have the original American Wildcat.

Left to right: 30/30, 35 Remington, 35-30
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Banned
    mine is a win m94(1972) in 35/30 done by JES Reboring. i use 200gr RCBS fn gc with 2400/dacron that goes 1726fps avg. i have killed 3 or 4 deer with it, all under 53 yards and they were one shot. i figured i'd go whole hog with the 35/30, so i got 500 Starline 30-30 cases and 35/30 CH4D dies. i also got a Williams FP aperture sight because i couldn't "see" (blurry) the target. (i have glasses now)

i chose the 35/30 for the brass. i could have made it 38-55 but i just happen to luv the 35/30. i was going to do a 270-280gr wfn gc, but after i shot the 200gr RCBS (3/4 - 1" group at 100 yards, 3 shots/bench) i instantly fell in love with the 200gr. besides, my husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 using (.368") 275gr wfn gc that does 1/2-3/4" group at 100 yards(5 shots/bench).

using open sights and fire forming at 50 yards(30-35+ shots)

35/30 with Williams FP at 100 yards sighting it in

Boolit Master

TCLouis
    It's easy to create your own Custom Search Engine page and they work great to find info on any target web page. You need a google account and be logged in then go to https://cse.google.com/ to start creating you search pages. Once you create the search page and you go back to the page I listed above you will see all your search engines you've created. Give it a try.

I don't know if you can see my Castboolit search engine or not but here is the link to mine. https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=3b43666a237cb9906

wcp