Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Door camera

Boolit Grand Master

Door camera

Members here seem to have such a vast amount of information.
    Thought I'd just ask for more help.
    I'm looking for a door/entrance camera.
    Want it wired, not battery.
    Want it to record when someone comes within 5 feet, or better yet, adjustable distance.
    Want it to ring when triggered.
    Removable sim card.
    Remote mounted color viewer.
    More than one viewer wold be great.
    One that does not need a smart phone. Don't have one, don't want one.
    4" screen or larger.
    Stand alone, no subscription.
    Reasonable price.
    Something I can install myself.
    Is there such a thing????
    Maybe asking for it to do to much????
    Don't know anything about these things.

Boolit Master
    Take a look at Waze. It’s available on Amazon. Many options, including a subscription if you want it but you don’t need it to operate them. I believe they are under $30. Of course The price depends on what you buy. I have three of them. One is standalone you plug it in and that’s pretty much it. To have a rechargeable battery and because I have so many I have them hooked to a base station. They can be set to activate with motion, persons, pets, sounds, etc... I got them because they were inexpensive didn’t require a bunch of wiring as I live in an apartment. And they suit my needs. Matter fact I’m gonna pick another one up. Hope this helps
    Poppy42
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

My wife had one installed and it was free ... when they installed new fiber-optic cable and computer service to our house . Old provider was through our telephone lines ... this outfit is new lines with expanded services and one of those was free security camera ... the wife doesn't turn down anything free . The camera is set to watch front steps , front porch and front door . She can be in Texas and watch our front door also she can turn inside & outside security lights on-off ...
    but you have to have a Smart Phone to work all that stuff ... I can't do it but she can and it's fun to watch the door when we in another state . She says she can record who's on the front porch through her phone .
    You may want to check with your local provider of internet services and see what they can do for you . We were real happy with all the security camera and lights ... and for a slight fee we could get more camera's ...of course .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I use Reolink cameras they record to a chip, have solar panel to keep battery charged, works like a game camera motion activated plus records at night and app is free for phone and if you have wifi fast enough whatever is in frame of camera shows up on your phone and is recorded when motion activation goes off. and also has 2 way audio, you can speak by phone app to anyone in front of camera all for $69. truly remarkable stuff compared to what was available just a decade or so. other camera brands require that you pay monthly fee to use phone app and cannot even be set up without the app.

I use this:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/4-chan...ecurity+system
    It works for my applications.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.