Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Impulse buy! New toy!!!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Impulse buy! New toy!!!

Well I’ve been saving for a conceal and carry 9 mm so I can start loading up some cast for it. When I was on YouTube looking at the P365s and Glock 43s and trying to decide between them a video came up of a Walther WMP 22 Winchester magnum that got released three weeks ago. I got all excited and googled who had them. It said Cabela’s had some for a limited stock. I called my local Cabela’s which is an hour away and they had one in stock that showed up the night before. It was the only one that they’ve had so far. I bought it over the phone on a whim which was a week from last Tuesday ago and finally went down to pick it up this past Monday. They did get a second one in after I bought mine so I got to cherry pick between the two. The first one had some bluing missing in the sharp edges and the 2nd one that came in looked perfect. Glad I waited! Boy I feel like the Christmas story kid…but won’t shoot my eye out! Lol. I’ve always wanted a semi automatic 22 Winchester magnum pistol since I was a kid. I know there’s been a few that have come and gone because they are not reliable. I even bought a Kel tec PMR 30 a couple years ago that went back four times within two months till it got refunded because it would jam nonstop every 2 to 4 rounds. Almost bought a rock l island and then backed out. Glad I did because I have heard there is nothing but jamming and feeding issues with them. I also wanted to wait till they offered a version with an optic mount since I wanted it for long range hinting. The video I saw was 22plinkster shooting his over a 1000 times and only had ONE FTF with ammo on the non suggested list. He literally tried every ammo whether it was recommended or not and it all cycled except for that one round! Unfortunately it does not have a manual safety and it does not come with a leupold plate.

Guess I’ll make due. I’ll have to figure out what kind of red dot to our on it that won’t brake the bank. I’m thinking AT3 ARO or a cheaper off brand?

Here’s the new toy!

I’ll have to get out and shoot it next week. This week was a busy mess and gave me zero time to shoot.

Here’s the 22plinker video I watched…

https://youtu.be/3hkqxniKdP4

The gun fits in my hand nicely. It doesn’t feel heavy to me at all. Perfectly balanced imo. The trigger is really nice and light. I would guess 2.5 pounds give or take. Kind if reminds me of a crossman pellet pistol from the early 80’s. Should be a hoot to shoot. I’ll mainly be using it for small game and a backup bow hunting on out if bow range predators. I also can tell you after watching a few videos of the four or five reviews on them I think it’s all that there is right now since the pistol was just released about three weeks ago that this is gotta be the only reliable 22 WMR automatic pistol on the planet.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-17-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    Is it steel or alloy?
    I can see the frame is poly carbonate.

I love the massive, steampunk, Germanic, Teutonic appearance!
    I’d start out with Winchester 40gr FMJ and JHP. I’ve found those to be most accurate and reliable of all .22wmr I’ve used.

Looks like the slide is aluminum.

https://waltherarms.com/wmp/

I bought , 125 count cartons of CCi ammo last fall at Walmart for $22 a carton. They have had it on and off since for around $29 but I didn’t buy any more. If it shoots good I’ll be on the look out because it’s about as cheap as cheap for 22WMR ammo theses days. I haven’t looked over they do not shoot list. I’m sure 30 grain VMAX is probably on it but I’m still gonna see if it shoots since I love using that stuff in my rifle. Shoots small little groups and blows stuff up!

PSA has a Father’s Day sale. I ordered a Vortex venom 3mm red dot for $159 shipped with their $90 off coupon. It will be going on the pistol.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-18-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Looks like the slide is aluminum.

https://waltherarms.com/wmp/

I bought , 125 count cartons of CCi ammo last fall at Walmart for $22 a carton. They have had it on and off since for around $29 but I didn’t buy any more. If it shoots good I’ll be on the look out because it’s about as cheap as cheap for 22WMR ammo theses days. I haven’t looked over they do not shoot list. I’m sure 30 grain VMAX is probably on it but I’m still gonna see if it shoots since I love using that stuff in my rifle. Shoots small little groups and blows stuff up!

PSA has a Father’s Day sale. I ordered a Vortex venom 3mm red dot for $159 shipped with their $90 off coupon. It will be going on the pistol.
    Thanks for the PSA info. Did the same. I have on order the WMP and a CMR30 in 22 mag. I grabbed 5,000 rounds for around four cents each awhile back so of course I needed something to shoot them that my gf will be able to shoot That's my story and sticking to it.
    Ron

Yep, that’s a heck of deal on a vortex! You’re a brave man ordering a CMR. I do have two buddies that love them to death but I know they are feeding issues as well per our conversations. Eventually I will by a semi auto rifle 22wmr CZ or from the company that makes the desert eagle.

I just got an email from PSA if they took another $10 off that red dot sight! I quickly canceled and re-ordered I’m sure it will be a mess but I’m sure they’ll get it figured out.

Whoops I guess it’s a 6 MOA that’s $10 cheaper… made a mess. I’ll call them and get it cleared up on Monday.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-18-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Boolit Master
    What is PSA? Gun looks really nice,Thanks,

Dick

Palmetto state armory

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Well I’ve been saving for a conceal and carry 9 mm so I can start loading up some cast for it. When I was on YouTube looking at the P365s and Glock 43s and trying to decide between them a video came up of a Walther WMP 22 Winchester magnum that got released three weeks ago. I got all excited and googled who had them. It said Cabela’s had some for a limited stock. I called my local Cabela’s which is an hour away and they had one in stock that showed up the night before. It was the only one that they’ve had so far. I bought it over the phone on a whim which was a week from last Tuesday ago and finally went down to pick it up this past Monday. They did get a second one in after I bought mine so I got to cherry pick between the two. The first one had some bluing missing in the sharp edges and the 2nd one that came in looked perfect. Glad I waited! Boy I feel like the Christmas story kid…but won’t shoot my eye out! Lol. I’ve always wanted a semi automatic 22 Winchester magnum pistol since I was a kid. I know there’s been a few that have come and gone because they are not reliable. I even bought a Kel tec PMR 30 a couple years ago that went back four times within two months till it got refunded because it would jam nonstop every 2 to 4 rounds. Almost bought a rock l island and then backed out. Glad I did because I have heard there is nothing but jamming and feeding issues with them. I also wanted to wait till they offered a version with an optic mount since I wanted it for long range hinting. The video I saw was 22plinkster shooting his over a 1000 times and only had ONE FTF with ammo on the non suggested list. He literally tried every ammo whether it was recommended or not and it all cycled except for that one round! Unfortunately it does not have a manual safety and it does not come with a leupold plate.

Guess I’ll make due. I’ll have to figure out what kind of red dot to our on it that won’t brake the bank. I’m thinking AT3 ARO or a cheaper off brand?

Here’s the new toy!

I’ll have to get out and shoot it next week. This week was a busy mess and gave me zero time to shoot.

Here’s the 22plinker video I watched…

https://youtu.be/3hkqxniKdP4

The gun fits in my hand nicely. It doesn’t feel heavy to me at all. Perfectly balanced imo. The trigger is really nice and light. I would guess 2.5 pounds give or take. Kind if reminds me of a crossman pellet pistol from the early 80’s. Should be a hoot to shoot. I’ll mainly be using it for small game and a backup bow hunting on out if bow range predators. I also can tell you after watching a few videos of the four or five reviews on them I think it’s all that there is right now since the pistol was just released about three weeks ago that this is gotta be the only reliable 22 WMR automatic pistol on the planet.
    A bunch of the guys I shoot with are using HOLOSUM HS407 red dot. Good reviews and reasonable price....give them a look!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I did and they awesome…they’re just a little out of my budget right now.

I'd rather have one of those than the Five seveN. Similar performance at less than half the cost for both gun and ammo.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

USMC 77, USRA 79

It’s sure cool lookin. Looks like the Borg crafted it. But I dont shoot stuff I can’t reload.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I'd rather have one of those than the Five seveN. Similar performance at less than half the cost for both gun and ammo.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I’ve wanted a 5.7 since they first came out but never bought one because we can’t legally hunt small game in WI with centerfire anything.

Is it crazy loud? My friends Automag II was about as loud as a 30 Carbine Blackhawk.

Don’t know, haven’t shot it yet. I should be able to get a chance later next week. From what I’ve heard it is.

I sold off an air rifle And choke tube I never used and put it towards a vortex venom 3moa red dot from PSA on a Father’s Day sale for $159 shipped. Awesome deal! I went to mount it up yesterday and planned on getting out to shoot it for the first time and sighting it in. It wouldn’t turn on for some reason. I went out and bought a new battery and tried it just in case the supplied battery was dead…nope. I found the issue. One of the battery holding prongs looked like it was never bent up.

I called vortex to begin with because the battery lid would nor screw down. They told me to apply a bunch of pressure and screw Counter clockwise first then screw it down. Took a few tries with a lot of force but I got it. I would assume that tab was up just enough that that I was having trouble screwing the lid down. That tab is long enough and the battery is large enough that imo there was no way I could have caught the battery on it before inserting it. Imo it had to already flat against the bottom. Anyways when I bent it back up I finally got it to work. I had to still take the battery in and out a few time first. The red dot shut off by itself the first time I came on in a few seconds and then it finally stayed on. Don’t trust it so I will call vortex back again Monday and ask for a replacement. I’d exchange it with PSA but they sold out with a $90 off coupon.

Looks good anyways…