MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: AEA .22 cal. Challenger SL

AEA .22 cal. Challenger SL

Finally bought my first pcp... an AEA challenger in .22 cal. This is an unregulated rifle that gets up to 70 fpe with some of the heavier 22 pellets and bullets!
    They have recently come out with a regulator for it that you can have added to a new rifle order, or buy as a kit to put it in yourself. Wood to metal finish on this rifle is flawless... you can hardly tell where the line between wood and metal is on mine.
    I bought one of the newer guns they recently got in and the only complaint I have is the bbl. shroud has some up down and a bit of side play in it. Bison airguns and Parts has a bbl. band for them after market, but for now I just folded a piece of elec. tape 3 times and placed between shroud and air tube.

This rifle has given 3 to 5 shot groups(just checking potential accuracy) of 1/4” c/c to 1/2” outside to outside at 50 yds. with all the pellets and bullets I have on hand.
    That includes swaged, commercial, and cast from 14 gr. to 30 gr. Don’t have a link for them, but you can google aea airguns. net or “ the pellet shop” to give them a look.

In unregulated form I get about 15(power shots) before it begins to fall off, but I bought this rifle for the power output for hunting, so i’m fine with that. If I decide I want more shots I can always buy a regulator for it.
    For $359.00 for a less than minute of angle rifle i’m well pleased with it!
    Hand pumping is doabl with this one as that’s all I have at this time, but is a workout.
    3600 psi is recommended max, but recently they have okayed them up to 4500 psi.
    I only go to 250 bar as anything over that over powers the spring and you get quite a few lower powered shots before the hammer spring can fully open the valve for full power.
    At 250 bar I get about 15 full power shots before it drops unregulated. I was told the regulator would give many more shots, but would drop the power, but I found a video on it and they were getting 73 ft. lbs. with the regulator with 33 gr. pellets.
    Anyway, all i’ve Gotten mine to is 64 1/2 ft. lbs. so far with my 30 gr. bbt cast bullets.... which I thought was pretty darn good!!

BTW, it has a low to high power dial on it for shooting pellets or bullets as the rifle is way too fast for all but the heavier pellets at full power.
    Last edited by 35 shooter; 06-17-2022 at 02:05 PM.