Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FedEx!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Fedex freight delivered my new tool box setup. The truck he was given left a gallon of oil in the road in front of the house. It was so bad the driver bought a bag of cay litter from me to try to clean it up somewhat. Next time I saw him he said the engine blew up 5 miles out of town. That truck should have never left the depot. He had a van the next time that was leaking a little oil... the depot out here gets the big city junk trucks that are worn out...
    Haha. I was just dropping off a trailer and the UPS guy had left the terminal, made a right turn out of the gate and broke down. About 30min later after i dropped the trailer he was still sitting blocking traffic
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    This applies to all delivery companies and not just FedEx.

Originally, they would ring the doorbell and deliver the package to your hand. Then, they started leaving it on the porch and ringing the doorbell. Then they stopped ringing the doorbell and just leaving the package on the porch. Now a lot of them don't make it to the porch.

Whats next..."Drive-By Package Delivery?"
    I dont mind them leaving a package as i signed up for notifications and they take a picture of it sitting on the front porch. I get the msg during the day when they leave it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Has anyone had delivery problems with FedEx this week, my order from last week seems to have fallen into a black hole after leaving KC.

FedEx must hire driver’s from a work release program. Trying to get a package anywhere near your house here in rural Central NYS is like trying to push a rope. Tried to explain to the urban looking tattooed young man that just because all the mail boxes are on the same side of the road it doesn’t mean that all the houses and addresses are also on that side. Like talking to a house plant.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Has anyone had delivery problems with FedEx this week, my order from last week seems to have fallen into a black hole after leaving KC.
    I just went round and round with fedex ground trying to get a hazmat package.. took 3 weeks to resolve.

Not a fan of any delivery service. Fedex just .. sucks.. ups is dropping gun companies.. and usps just looses everything. I have a 12g roll crimper ordered from precision in south dakota.. it's been bouncing around since the 13th there.. with no updated tracking since the 19th.. and just listed as delayed an on the way.. I guess that is usps speak for we lost it.. or one of our people stole it.. but who knows.. good luck.

Boolit Master
    I just talked to Brownell's customer service, and they say FedEx is having a lot of problems with getting orders delivered.

Boolit Master
    I used to come home at 11:30 at night to find 'adult-signature required' packages containing C&R rifles leaning against the front door regularly, back in Maryland. Here, they normally leave the (no signature required) package on your porch and then email you a pic of it sitting there. No problems so far, and no porch pirates, either.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    No problems with Fed Ex or UPS here. I have a drive way about 180 yds long and they both deliver to my back porch which is not visible from the road. The mailman also delivers packages to the porch if they won't fit in my mail box.

We don't have a problem with porch pirates here. Apparently they don't want to get shot.

Boolit Master
    I just received the primers I ordered on 7/30/22, Brownell's had to ship a replacement order. I had to show the FedEx driver a photo id for him to scan in addition to adult-signature required for the hazmat package.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    You should have our guy who delivers our mail in AZ. I'm not being critical of anyone with a medical disorder - heck, we all have medical issues . . . but I am convinced that he has Dyslexia. We mailed a package from here in MI to a neighbor of ours in AZ who lives 2 doors down from us. Her house number is 319. Tracking showed it was placed at her door on Tuesday. We didn't hear anything from her, so last Friday contacted her to see if she got it. Nope! She called the PO and they swore it was delivered so she asked them find out where it was as she never received it. FINALLY, after the PO was no help, she went down the street to the house at #(! - YEP. the box was sitting by their door - only problem is those people are gone for the summer and their mail is forwarded. Duh!

This happens on a regular basis and when someone complains, the PO does nothing. Evidently, the PO can track and tell when and where a carrier leaves a package - they must have to log it in somehow as I had several packages that the Postmaster claimed were delivered and he could tell me where the carrier put it, the time and where it was left. But, they were not there, I never received them and it was not where anyone would see and steal them. I suspect the carrier those days, a substitute, has a problem with sticky fingers.

Our Fed Ex guys in both AZ and MI do a great job - the always place packages by the mid doors that are set back in and out of sight. Our UPS guy in MI is great but the one we have in AZ is always "iffy" - sometimes it gets to the right address, sometimes not. If not, we have a nice bunch of neighbors that will bring it to us and we do the same . . . after all, we all have a lot of practice doing that from our mail deliveries.

Moderator Emeritus

Doing a real test of FedEx, I have 2 boxes coming from England... FedEx Express... wonder how long customs will sit on them this time??? Last package from UK sat in customs 12 weeks... but that was USPS...

Boolit Bub
    Doing a real test of FedEx, I have 2 boxes coming from England... FedEx Express... wonder how long customs will sit on them this time??? Last package from UK sat in customs 12 weeks... but that was USPS...
    I think FedEx Express has their stuff together much better than the USPS when it comes to International shipping. I've had a couple in the last few years and nothing horrible from Express.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Ridge View Post
    I think FedEx Express has their stuff together much better than the USPS when it comes to International shipping. I've had a couple in the last few years and nothing horrible from Express.
    Hope you are right... these are delicate antenna parts I have to assemble into working antennas for my ham radio station. Lot of easily bent aluminum parts! expensive too, $1400 shipment!

Boolit Bub
    Hope you are right... these are delicate antenna parts I have to assemble into working antennas for my ham radio station. Lot of easily bent aluminum parts! expensive too, $1400 shipment!
    Since FedEx Express is more air shipments, that usually means it has fewer touches than Ground or USPS. If the shipper did a decent job prepping, I bet you’ll be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12