Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever ordered something that took so long to ship...

Boolit Master

Nope but I have ordered stuff that did not come in double the promised time and that was before the red plague!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I ordered a $5k sauna from Watsons in Sharonville, OH - waited for a year and a half, then they delivered one which was the incorrect one. That was a year ago and the replacement will "maybe" delivered mid of 2023. So, if I am lucky, I will get the one I ordered about 3.5 years after I paid for it. Guess where I will never spend a penny again... (at least they let us keep the incorrect sauna until the replacement will be delivered). Oh - and it was "in stock" to be delivered in 3-4 weeks when I bought it.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

Last week, I took delivery of a Springfield SA-35 that I had ordered early last November. No big deal. I had ordered two, one at the retail price and one at a 10% military discount. The retail one is the one I got and I was told that Springfield had cancelled all military discount orders. My buddy had ordered a discount one and he is out of luck. They didn't roll those orders into retail ones, they just crossed 'em off. 7 months of waiting down the drain.

The pistol is a beauty, though.

Thanks to this thread I remembered I have a 30 cal range rod and a set of bushings ordered from PTG.

Should have known better and ordered elsewhere in the first place.

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered some stocks for a s&w k frame from vz grips it took them over 4 months to ship a set of n frame stocks.

Oh man, back during the Obummer years when powder was hard to find by me I ordered a few lbs from Lohman Arms that was supposedly in stock. It wasnt anything I needed right away, just a few things to experiment with different loads. About a month later I still hadnt seen a shipping confirmation. So I called them and was told that it wasnt actually in stock and it would be a few months before they restocked and would be able to ship my order. No big deal. I can wait.

Of course I forgot about it over the next few months. And then about 4 YEARS later they emailed me asking if they could ship my order as a partial order since they didnt have everything. I told them "heck no! cancel my order and refund my money." Used the refund to pick up a few cans of powder from the next local gun show.

Boolit Master
    still waiting for a new vehicle without all the bells, whistles and heated leather vibrating automatic powered seats, going on 9 months now. im about ready to forget about it.
    with the economy crashing maybe vehicle prices will come down to normal.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I got a notice yesterday from Optics Planet that my order was ready and would ship soon. I couldn't remember what I had ordered. After checking my order files, it was small items that were ordered on 3/22/22.
    Stopped doing business with them years ago for just that reason.

Boolit Buddy

Both of my MP group buy mold chooses. First was a heavy 300 black out mold. Now it's a NATO Heavy 75gr 5.56 mold.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    still waiting for a new vehicle without all the bells, whistles and heated leather vibrating automatic powered seats, going on 9 months now. .
    Find the Fleet Salesman. He's in a little shack out behind the dealership, or has a desk way, way in the back somewhere.
    He's the guy you see to buy ambulances, school buses, fire trucks, etc. and those stripped down cars & fleet trucks.

The regular salesmen on the showroom floor usually won't acknowlege their existence.

Back in 2006, when all the F250 'city trucks' in the showroom were around $50-55,000---
    I got my new stripped down, gas fired V8, Fleet model for $21,600.
    The showroom salesmen wouldn't let me buy one.
    The Fleet guy had it shipped up from Houston, and in Dallas two days later.
    (That was where the closest one with a manual transmission was)
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    It happens all the time to me. Especially when I order small items from China and it takes a month for them to be delivered.
    I used to do the same thing - when stuff shows up it's a surprise!

I call it Chinese Christmas.

Haven't ordered much for some time.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Yeah I ordered a desert eagle mark 19 the last year they made them in Israel. I think it took eight or 11 months to get it. Completely worthless pistol. I sold it about a half a year later and bought a four wheeler with the money that I still have and use.

Boolit Master
    Well, UPS finally got here with my order from Midway. One full week after it was originally scheduled to be delivered. Another package, from Amazon, showed up at the same time, on the same truck, even though that package was shipped UPS/Surepost, where UPS delivers to the post office, and then the rural carrier delivers it.

The whole experience has left me just a wee bit gun shy about buying stuff online, but I have no local source for most of it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    That you forgot about it?

I got an email today from Skinner sights saying that my sights have shipped that I ordered for my Henry rifle.

It has been so long since I ordered them, that I completely forgot about them. I have no idea when I ordered them. Pretty sure it has been at least a month or more.

That is some incredibly bad customer service. Seems like a lot of retailers have gotten far behind lately. I ordered crash bars for my new motorcycle a week ago and they still haven't shipped.

I have a feeling with an impending recession and the immediate drop in demand for goods, that retailers will be begging people to buy from them.
    That's unusual for Skinner but today's economy is like the Titanic; everyone had to 'disembark,' one way or another.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    That's unusual for Skinner but today's economy is like the Titanic; everyone had to 'disembark,' one way or another.

Got the sight and it says it was ordered on June 5th. I checked my bank statement and sure enough; I paid for them on June 6th.

My memory is obviously failing. Less than two weeks for a sight is certainly acceptable.

However, when I went to install it, I noticed that the aperture was a blade for a front sight instead of a peep.

It fits perfectly and is excellent quality, but has the wrong aperture.

Attachment 301360

I sent them an email to figure out what went wrong. Who knows; I probably ordered wrong.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I got a notice yesterday from Optics Planet that my order was ready and would ship soon. I couldn't remember what I had ordered. After checking my order files, it was small items that were ordered on 3/22/22.
    Ive ordered from them several times as recently as this spring with no problems. Got a few left over Nikon scopes, a house brand 10mm slide and all shipped toot sweet
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I called and got Mr. Olson on the line. Very pleasant gentleman. Seems they hired a new assembler that did a batch of sights wrong like mine and they hoped they had gotten all of them fixed. But, seems like only two made it out; mine and another gentleman's.

They'll get me a replacement out as soon as possible, so no worries.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Ordered a Winchester Wildcat 22 when they were first announced. Local gun shop owner said he could get me one. The following year, I assume after the collectors got through with the market, he asked if I still wanted it. So, acquired one about a year later in July. Still a lower serial number, and cleaned up and polished out. I love it. Can't beat a $208 price tag either! Made a great, accurate little shooter!
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Had a couple Mihec group buys that went 2+ years. I had so forgotten one that when Miha emailed the invoice I honestly couldn't it recall it, "I didn't order one of these!!!". I came here found the group buy thread, and sure enough, I'd signed up for one and totally forgot about it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Happened a few times.
    Mostly from evilbay.
    Had one from amazon that never got.
    Got my money back, but I would rather have had the item.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast