Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever ordered something that took so long to ship...

Boolit Master

Ever ordered something that took so long to ship...

That you forgot about it?

I got an email today from Skinner sights saying that my sights have shipped that I ordered for my Henry rifle.

It has been so long since I ordered them, that I completely forgot about them. I have no idea when I ordered them. Pretty sure it has been at least a month or more.

That is some incredibly bad customer service. Seems like a lot of retailers have gotten far behind lately. I ordered crash bars for my new motorcycle a week ago and they still haven't shipped.

I have a feeling with an impending recession and the immediate drop in demand for goods, that retailers will be begging people to buy from them.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    It happens all the time to me. Especially when I order small items from China and it takes a month for them to be delivered.

Boolit Master

From a "starving artist" in the FL Keys, a quaint method of "salesmanship", with a well visited booth in the local flea market, I commissioned a table and paid a deposit. I had purchased one of his unique driftwood tables the year before and saw a current piece in progress that I wanted. We agreed on price, each signed the commissioning receipt, and what I thought was a schedule for delivery.

He showed me the piece he was currently working on, $45K+, commissioned by a local restaurant, that was widely acclaimed at delivery. He turned, by chainsaw, a huge piece of driftwood root, 15-feet or more in diameter, into a fantastic under-seascape of sanded and varnished, life sized, octopi, fish, Moray eel, crabs, lobster, etc., all uniquely carved into and part of the root. How he could "see" the seascape in that tree root only God and the true artist in him knows. He forwarded the forty-paragraph newspaper article to me after its delivery. As an artist, he had "hit the big time", and his talent was MUCH more desirable.

Terrific! Well done! Nice job! "Finish my table"? Nope. It has been a YEAR, one of two legs he already made is "missing", started over, and I am still waiting.

He had each knee arthroscopically repaired, which I knew was in the works at commissioning, so I wouldn't fault him for his several month recoveries in those. BUT he ALSO spent MONTHS in Club Fed, for what I don't know, and of that I neither knew nor commissioned.

So, after waiting a YEAR, worrying he would sell mine to someone else for more, then turn me down, dozens upon dozens of phone calls to him (mostly unanswered and no voice mail), "starving artist" calls, is once again in need of cash, and trying to finish my table...we shall see.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 06-16-2022 at 06:02 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Order a Shiloh Sharps 1877 and you won’t forget you spent $4K , even after six years.

I recently bought an office chair at Sams Club. The chair seems to push me forward when I’m sitting in it so I called Serta. The rep knew exactly what I needed and put a part on order. I got an email saying I can expect the part in 12- 16 weeks. No more Serta for me.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

I got a notice yesterday from Optics Planet that my order was ready and would ship soon. I couldn't remember what I had ordered. After checking my order files, it was small items that were ordered on 3/22/22.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

About two years ago I order a refrigerator. It took almost 13 months to get it. I order from a small local independent dealer who gave us a loaner till it came in. The big box stores could not get them either.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Elections do have consequences . . . .

Boolit Master
    Yes. Just recently. UPS blames it on the retailer, and the retailer is blaming it on UPS. Most recent update indicates delivery for tomorrow, one full week AFTER it was supposed to be here. Not making any bets.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    That you forgot about it?.
    Most of our late packages get delivered to the neighbors.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I got a notice yesterday from Optics Planet that my order was ready and would ship soon. I couldn't remember what I had ordered. After checking my order files, it was small items that were ordered on 3/22/22.
    Just looked mine up - December 9, 2020 and still waiting. At least they stopped with the projected ship date. Good thing I was not in a hurry.

Boolit Master
    Bought a cheap nylon holster off E-bay, seller shipped in a day or so, then the PO got involved. Following the tracking the holster has seen more of America in the last week than I have in the last year. Supposed to be out for delivery today.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    In October I was promised a mold by the first of the year. I still haven’t seen it!

Boolit Grand Master

Good News ... the Randall Made Knife Shop gave me a ship date of 5 years ...from placing my order for a custom made knife to my specifications .
    But it arrived in only 4 years - 10 months ... now if that isn't prompt servive ...
    ... I don't know what is .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I'm sure some of you must have been in on the old Lee group buy moulds.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I refuse to do business with Optics Planet after hearing all of the horror stories on multiple gun forums. Their business plan is apparently to list items for sale that they don't have, and then ship them whenever they get them in, which in the current climate, can be a year or more.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Early last year, I cashed in a bunch of factory ammo I bought after I thought I was done reloading,
    then traded into a unfired early 70s Colt AR rat gun.

Here, if you do a trade and get store credit, you don't have to pay sales tax on what you get from the store.
    So, I bought a Henry Golden Boy I always wanted. But they were on back order.

It didn't take long for me to forget about it.

About 7-8 months later, I was thinking about getting a round barrel Henry .22 the next time I went to town.
    A day or so later,,,,, the local guy called and said it had come in.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Christmas in July eh Winger Ed.?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Christmas in July eh Winger Ed.?
    Well, it wasn't my birthday,,,, so I guess so.
    If I'd known how nice they are, I'd have gotten one 10 years ago!
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    I once owned a beautiful Saab convertible.

The cables in the top needed replacing and I worked as a mechanic. So I ordered the cables. But in the meantime if I wanted to put the top up and down I had to do it by hand which was simple but heavy

2 years later I the car needed an engine so I scrapped it and bought another Saab.

3 years later the cables arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast