WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Beef cooked twice

Boolit Master

Beef cooked twice

What happened was I grilled a big roast too long,so it was hard to chew.Wife says pressure cook it,and that's what I did. Added one cup of water and cooked at 10 lbs for 40 minutes.Let me tell you, it is like poor man's prime rib

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I can believe I was good and tender. I used to use a pressure cooker a lot, but have gotten away from it. I think it’s the best way to cook pot roast.

Boolit Master

Best way to cook collard greens too!

Boolit Master

Slow cooker can salvage tough roasts like that too. toss in the leather tough roast.. maybe chunk it.. toss in carrots.. onions.. a flavor cube and some water.. new potatoes.. let it cook 4-8 hours.. you usually get fall apart shredded meat.

You can take the cheapest cut of flank steak or brisket. Cut into 3/4" strips, drop into instant pot or pressure cooker with a cup of water, shot of soy sauce, seasonings to your taste. (I use Worchester and oyster sauce) and 3-4 green onions cut fine.

10 to 15 minutes will tenderise the toughest chunk of beef. You can either add a gravy packet to the juice, or serve it "Au Juice" style over rice or potatoes.
    Makes a good, quick, healthy way to grab some protein at bargain prices.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master
    The old ways are frequently the best. Love the pressure cooker. Gave the wife a "One Pot" and she almost never uses it, however.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    You can take the cheapest cut of flank steak or brisket. Cut into 3/4" strips, drop into instant pot or pressure cooker with a cup of water, shot of soy sauce, seasonings to your taste. (I use Worchester and oyster sauce) and 3-4 green onions cut fine.

10 to 15 minutes will tenderise the toughest chunk of beef. You can either add a gravy packet to the juice, or serve it "Au Juice" style over rice or potatoes.
    Agreed.. buy the cheapest beef and then let it DR up...

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post

I gotta try that! I love my InstantPot.

Boolit Master

Use mine all the time. Put it on saute first if you're gonna slow cook something and when it's boiling, put it on "slow cook". This makes it heat up faster than a crock pot. You can pressure cook too! also makes rice...... sorry for the thread drift!

Boolit Mold
    Cooking in a pressure cooker is fine. But I used to like using an electric grill more. You spend a minimum of effort and time. I just took a piece of beef of the right thickness (because the electric grill does not fry thick steaks well), put it on the grill for a few minutes, and after frying, I added seasonings and that's all. It's very simple. But then I realized that this way of cooking is not very useful. So now I prepare only vegetables on the grill.
    Last edited by whyserious; 07-13-2022 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Spelling