Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where would you live if health and money wasn't a problem?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Right where I am at: Southern AZ in the winter and Northern AZ in the summer.

Boolit Master
    I've lived in Wyoming for the past 40 years. Until the past few years I've loved it here. Still love it, but the 6 month winter plus 2 months of what some call spring have started getting to me.
    Bought a small house in Mesquite NV this year and plan to spend the winters there.
    Gave my snowblower to my neighbor. First time in I don't know how many years I haven't owned at least one.
    Life is good.

Boolit Master
    Antigua.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Right where I am, but 40 years ago.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Right where I am at: Southern AZ in the winter and Northern AZ in the summer.
    I used to live in Prescott, and really enjoyed it. Perfect balance of the seasons with some beautiful terrain.

My folks winter in Yuma, and summer in Idaho. Would love to do that some day as well.

My dad recently won a county auction in Arizona for some land that the taxes were past due on. He got 5 acres about 15 miles East of Yuma in an area with some nice terrain and lots of deer and javelina sign. $5k.

I drove out there with him in my SUV...

Attachment 301482

He also won a 1 acre plot in a failed subdivision for $1k.

He plans on building a hunting camp on the 5 acres and just keeping the 1 acre as an investment. I may get the 5 acres some day and build an off-grid retirement home.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Bub
    Having been to Alaska a number of times and having never been or seen anything comparable I'd say that's the place for me! IF I was a younger man......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234