Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coffee Burr Grander

Boolit Buddy
    I have been using a Metlitta ceramic for pour through coffee. And I just added an Aeropress to try. So far, I really enjoy the Aeropress, it is quick easy and doesn't make a big mess like the french press when I clean it out. Just a puck with a bit of filter paper on it which goes to the compost pile.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    oatmeal meatballs, in stead of bread crumbs, gonna have to give that one a try. I almost bought some ground beef a couple days ago but not at $5.99lb I'll wait till there is a sale
    I use about a cup of oatmeal per pound of ground beef. Do not over mix! That is how you get rubber meatballs!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    oatmeal meatballs, in stead of bread crumbs, gonna have to give that one a try. I almost bought some ground beef a couple days ago but not at $5.99lb I'll wait till there is a sale
    Yes, do it! Oatmeal meatloaf/meatballs is good eatin'!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Milsurp Junkie View Post
    I have been using a Metlitta ceramic for pour through coffee. And I just added an Aeropress to try. So far, I really enjoy the Aeropress, it is quick easy and doesn't make a big mess like the french press when I clean it out. Just a puck with a bit of filter paper on it which goes to the compost pile.
    I used an Aeropress for a while. It was fast and easy, and it made a decent brew, but I wasn't super excited about the all-plastic construction. It's nice for camping, though.

I found french presses and Bodum pour-overs to be a bit of a disappointment. These days, I'm back to a stainless steel percolator. Good coffee, quick, easy to clean, no plastic.

My favorite machine ever was the old Corning Ware percolator my dad had. That thing made excellent coffee, even if every cup came with a random chance of the handle breaking off causing serious burns!

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, i still think the best coffee is from the blue enamaled steel percolator that we used while camping. The smell of a strike anywhere match, the smell of propane, then of coffee percolating, and finally eggs and bacon in the popup camping trailer with canvas sides are some of my fondest smells.

Boolit Master
    I buy most of my coffee and accessories from Burman https://burmancoffee.com/product-category/grinders/
    The grinder I use is about 15 years old and discontinued but I've not been disappointed with BCT yet. Sometimes for kicks I'll grind 'em up with my grandmother's iron-and-wood hand-crank grinder.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

I got a ceado 5sd grinder and roast my own coffee. Cant go back now. I use a kalita wave pour over or espresso from a barista pro machine from breville. A far cry from my instant days on exercise as a grunt in the military.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Don't get the cheap black & decker burr grinder. Dag ole jet engine noise maker.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    You coffee mavens might like to hear of a good storage bin for beans or ground coffee. Look at the stainless steel Coffee Gator Canister. It features an air tight lid with a replaceable membrane valve that selectively releases carbon dioxide from inside, promoting longer taste life. I use the medium size which perfectly holds a pound of roasted beans. My Blue Mountain beans come in pound bags with similar valves.
    Good storage matters! Have you always roasted before storing? Mine are stored green, I discovered a ziplock bag of them that had been 'misplaced' for three-four years and they roasted up just fine.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Yum! Got some fresh roasting going on.

Guatemalan Huehuetenago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20220905_125828_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg   IMG_20220905_125910_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg  
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123