RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thout and Meditation - Monday, June 13

For Thout and Meditation - Monday, June 13

Good morning all. Some more from Romans to help put a perspective on the start of a new week. Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, June 13, 2022 - Pastor Greg Laurie

Protecting Command Central

"So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace."
    —Romans 8:6

Holy Spirit-led people are spiritually minded people, and our minds are command central.

That’s why we need to protect our minds. Someone has wisely said, sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

The apostle Paul wrote, “Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace” (Romans 8:5–6 nlt).

Notice that Paul said, “Think about things that please the Spirit.” Contrast this with people who only think about satisfying their impulses and the appetites of their flesh with things like illicit drugs, sex outside of marriage or before marriage, alcohol, partying, and things of that nature. It also could be empty things like fame and fortune.

Or, it could be simply thinking about only physical things and never spiritual things. Jesus talked about people like this, saying, “Don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs” (Matthew 6:31–32 NLT).

Jesus wasn’t saying we should never think about these things. We do need to think about a roof over our heads, what we’re going to eat, and what we’re going to wear. But Jesus was saying that we shouldn’t be obsessed with it. He went on to say, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need” (verse 33 NLT).

Don’t make the entire focus of your life pursuing physical things at the exclusion of pursuing God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

"Thout"..Really!
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Great message!!!! Even with the typo our resident school teacher pointed out!!! LOLOL
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen, this is a constant battle with all of us in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    "Thout"..Really!
    Thout... rhymes with shout... lol
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Very nice, so easy to get caught up in the trials and tribulations we face on a daily basis. This came at a perfect time for me as I struggle with the complications of work and life. We ( I ) must continue to focus on what the scriptures say concerning our every day living. Like it was said,We obviously have to be concerned with these but not let them consume us. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Great message!!!! Even with the typo our resident school teacher pointed out!!! LOLOL
    Not, not a school teacher. I have spent most of my adult life preaching and teaching the Gospel of Christ. One of the biggest obstacles to overcome among non-believers, is the notion that Christians are uneducated, ignorant people. No need to prove their point for them. It therefore behooves all of us not to sound and write like we came to town in the back of a truck loaded with watermelons.

That aside, it was a good piece, very worthy of thought and meditation.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.