MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Feed Your 92 Levergun ?

This past weekend shot some rounds through my Rossi 92. 38 special with Missouri bullet company 125 SWC with 3.8 grains of Tite Group. Worked great. But, the rifle has been worked over by Steve's Gunz as mentioned above.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    A friend had a SS Rossi M92 38/357 all of the 38s I tried fed like water through a hose just as fast as I could run it . I didn't try a WC .
    357 however required a sideways feed and wiggle it acted like it was hanging the case mouth on a chamber machine mark . I tried 2-3 factory loads and crimps to no avail .

The pair I had in 45 Colts were about as picky about feeding as a chicken in a worm farm . OAL however was touchy but worked well with 3 different 454424s and the NOE version . It worked well with the Lee 452-252 SWC and 452-255 RNFP . I have a relieved 429421 that drops .448 , paper patched it shot great but had to be seated over the crimp groove .

I had an 1894C Marlin the owners manual called out min/max OAL at basically a button nose WC in a 357 case or a nose out style in 38 cases . The example I had would run a TC in a 38 case cut back to 9×23 as long as it was over the OAL for the button nose WC in a 38 case and I only loaded 12 vs the 14 that would go in the mag tube . Oddly enough it shot those quite well .

If you have a bunch of mouth cracked 38 or 357 brass you want to save a few more cycles now you know .

Twist in the Rossi 45 Colts was more the problem than feeding .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    In my M1892-clone .45 Colt, I've used a steady diet of 250 gr. RNFP, with the old Elmer Keith load using 2400. These ARE cast, but I do not cast them (yet). No idea about hardness, but certainly high enough to prevent leading at magnum-pistol velocities. Accuracy is "minute of coke can bottom" at 50 yards (5 shots), from a bench.
    Recalling a friend's feeding troubles with LSWCs in his .357, I never bothered to try the 255 gr. Keith style bullets in mine.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Twist in the Rossi 45 Colts was more the problem than feeding .
    The new one I just got appears to be 1:20", or thereabouts. My older 357M is 1:30".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12