Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, June 08

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, June 08

Good morning all. Today's message is just the right encouragement I needed. I love Romans. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, June 8, 2022 - Pastor Greg Laurie

A Hope-Filled Destination

"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus."
    —Romans 8:1

Romans 8 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, because it gives us the answer to depression about the past, present, and future.

It tells us there is no condemnation for our past, because verse 1 says, “So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT). When we sin (and we all sin), the Devil will condemn us. And then we join in that condemnation and condemn ourselves.

Yet what does the Bible say? First John 1:9 tells us, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (NKJV).

So, if God tells us that He will forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, then we should accept that in our lives and believe that He has forgiven us.

Romans 8 also tells us there is no separation from God in the future. Paul wrote, “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love” (verse 38 NLT).

Isn’t that a great promise? God will never stop loving us.

Lastly, Romans 8 assures us that all things in the present are working together for our good: “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them” (verse 28 NLT).

So as Christians, we can be assured there is no condemnation for the past and no separation from God in the future. And whatever we’re going through God can ultimately work together for good. Romans 8 is a hope-filled destination, and it’s where we discover how to live this Spirit-filled life.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

The book of Romans is nothing but Good News - Thanks for the Scripture and message this morning
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

This post really speaks to me and I thank you for this post...have a wonderful day and may it be blessed as well!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

But he only touches on the riches. Romans 8:1 is in the context of Romans 7 - remember there were no chapter and verse separations in the original letter. So we read Romans 8:1 immediately after we read Paul explaining how helpless he is in the face of sin, how impossible it is for him to not sin. Tremendously more powerful that way.

And Romans 8:28 should never be quoted without including 8:29 - and who here other than me and quote 8:29? It says that it is preordained that we will be made like Christ so he will be the first of many brothers - so this defines 'good' in 8:28. All things work together to make me more like Christ - not what I think is 'good'! It does change your understanding, doesn't it?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen!

Boolit Grand Master
    A great message. I love Romans
    Don Verna