Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-Day

Boolit Buddy

D-Day

Was disappointed to not see anything on the news or web today.

So thank you to all those who served!!
    I’m very thankful for their sacrifice, service and bravery in the face of unbelievable odds and dangers.

So thank you again for those who served and to their families.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    Same here. Expected some coverage, but nada.

I also say Thanks for those who served and to their families who supported them.

Boolit Master

It was on the today show. There were several vets from the time there and some of the residents.

Banned
    their too busy with jan 6.

both my grandfathers served in WW2. thank you all!!!

Boolit Master

Some coverage on Fox & Friends and expression of gratitude by the host and news folks
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Sad, but all those 18, 19 and 20 year old kids are in their 90's now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Finally saw some coverage at NewsNation just a little while ago

Boolit Buddy
    My Dad was in North Africa and Italy. My Uncle Charlie fought in the Battle of the Bulge ( He hated cold weather imagine that). My Uncle Jay was Navy and fought the Japanese. My 2nd cousin Carrol Scroggins from the great state of Louisiana was killed at the end of the war, I believe it was in Germany. They are all gone now, God bless their souls and the souls of all the young men that served this Great Country.....................Curdog

Boolit Grand Master

What those YOUNG Men went thru did an accomplished was truly amazing and inspiring. They were well past being boys. I thank them 1 and all for their service.

Boolit Master

I thank them as well. A couple weeks ago I attended a 102nd birthday party for a fine man in my home town that was of the Air Force that dropped supplies to the French resistance. I think he said most of that was at night. He never really talks about any of that stuff, but he has a lot of medals in his house. If you ask about them , he doesn't have much to say. If the country was run by people like him, we would be better off, and we could admire our leaders. When he passes there will be a hole in the world, but Heaven will rejoice!

Boolit Master
    the longest day

Boolit Buddy
    My uncle lost both legs on the beach that day. I will never forget what he gave for us. lived his whole life in a wheelchair, never once heard him whine or complain. A hell of a man.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Sad, but all those 18, 19 and 20 year old kids are in their 90's now.
    When my dad stepped off the landing craft he was 16 . The 116th Texas Infantry was made up of reservists that had joined up hoping that the war would wait till they where 18. I also think my dad may have lied about his age. But I do know that the oldest NCO was 19 and the oldest company officer was 24. Pretty young all the way around. Still pretty young. But they knew that they had a tough job to do.I can't know for sure cause I wasn't there. The research I have does say that the 116th at Omaha Beach lost 2 out of three men to wounds or death. My dad didn't have a scratch till the Battle of the Bulge. He was a medic. He received two Purple Hearts, two Bronze Stars, two Silver Stars. Some award from the French and English for pulling some of their guys out of mine fields.

We should be proud of all our vets!

ACC

Boolit Master

The Fox channel had some footage of French Villages. One man, who was 19 on D-Day, said he didn't think mankind would ever be without war. I think he is right. Some of the Villagers still keep American graves in good shape to show their gratitude for what we did for them. My mother's second husband was in Patton's third army. He did something the company commander didn't like so he ended up driving a gasoline truck. He made it all the way through the war and told me he had two machine guns a large box full of hand grenade's on the seat next to him. Any noise he couldn't identify got a grenade toss at it. Kill a few french cows!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    I wonder if those that served during WW II would do it again if they knew what we have evolved into just 78 years later?

I am so ashamed by so many Americans who are snowflakes!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

My uncle on D-Day: unloaded with 1st wave and did not survive the day. He was 19yrs old..

Another uncle was a B-17 bombardier over Germany, his plane was shot up so bad after a bomb run that they ditched in the english channel, picked up by the Britts and made several more bombing trips until wounded so badly they sent him home..He lived to see 70 but always used two canes getting around..Many bombardiers and navigators died in the B-17 as their place was in the extreme front of the nose with only a Plexiglas window. German pilots soon learned these planes were most vulnerable from frontal attack..

Boolit Master
    They truly are the Greatest Generation. And came from all walks of life. Farmers,high school after they graduated,business people and the list goes on. They have my deepest respect and admiration. God Bless them all. Frank

Boolit Master
    My dad was in Patton's 3rd Army, 4th armored as a recon platoon officer. He joined the army about 1932 and was an old man of 33 in 1944. The stories he told about the things he saw and did make me wonder how he came through alive. He was lucky as the 3rd army didn't get to Normandy until July 6

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Sad.

This will continue to happen as our younger generations of the "WOKE....I want it NOW.....ME,ME,ME" mindset.

They care not of the history and sacrifices made by our ancestors.

All memories of the 20th century will soon be totally lost in the re-written left-wing history books of the future. Unless it involves Black History Month or Cesar Chavez.

Boolit Grand Master
    What an uplifting and depressing thread.

Boys who died as men on that day. Boys who became heroes that day. Boys who showed incredible bravery. And boys who would survive and be great men.

And now, a nation that cares so little.
    Don Verna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast