RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Thoughts on the Lee C312-155-2R

Boolit Buddy

Thoughts on the Lee C312-155-2R

I am looking for a new 6 cavity mould to satisfy all my .308 caliber rifle needs. I currently have a Lee 2 cavity C-309-160-F. It works fine in all my rifles but I don't see it offered in a six cavity. I was thinking the pointy nose would be better for feeding in any rifle. The .312 should be fine to squish down to the .310 I have been using for years. I am a little concerned about the ogive profile and being able to seat in the crimp groove. Welcoming any experience with this boolit outside of 7.62x39 as I do not have one of those.

Boolit Master

308 & 7.62 x 51
    7.62 x 39
    300 BlackOut
    30/06
    303 British
    7.62 x 54R
    30 Carbine in my Ruger BlackHawlk
    30/30 in my Brothers Rem 788
    32 H&R Mag in a 10" TC Contender barrel
    30 BR in my XP 100
    Along with most other 30 cal rifles

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Buddy
    I see it is quite versatile. Thank you for the information.

I recently acquired the 6 cavity mold to cast for my 7.62x39s. I have cast about 600 or so and powder coated them. Just looking for the right powder to load so.e up. I have some wc842 so I might try a batch with that and see how they do.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have that bullet in both a 2 cav and a 6 cav mold. The nose on the 2 cav casts at .302". The nose on the 6 cav casts at .305" I hope your experience will be different.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a 6 cavity. Bands cast .314, body is tapered .306-.309. I only use it in 300 BLK.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    I have that bullet in both a 2 cav and a 6 cav mold. The nose on the 2 cav casts at .302". The nose on the 6 cav casts at .305" I hope your experience will be different.
    So then you must have problems with the boolit getting stuck in the throat if it even chambers?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    So then you must have problems with the boolit getting stuck in the throat if it even chambers?

Boolit Master
    Yes, and I do not even try to shoot them. I will check with a Brit 303 and see how it works there though. Or look for a friend with an old rattle battle rifle with an eroded throat. Might work good there. Better than having to nose size bullets.

Boolit Master
    Rcbs 7.62-130-spl
    noe 311-152-sp
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    It chambers fine sized to .310 in my AR. The body doesn’t hit the throat when OAL is set to feed. It might be very different in bolt guns or if OAL was set long.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

My mold casts .313-314 and I powder-coat and size to .313 for a '09 Argentine carbine. However, even sized to .310, the fat nose won't chamber in my Savage M10 .308 without seating GC below the case neck. Have also tried it, sized .314 in a 91/30 Mosin but found that the Lee 312-185 performed so much better that I didn't pursue it further.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

31-142 C (PB) or D (GC), 31-168D(GC) - all work fine in BO, 308W (ARs) or 30/30. No crimp groove needed. RNFP. Feeds fine. However many holes you need.
    Whatever!

Work good in my 7.7jap with 2400. 2" groups at 50 yds. with iron sights and old eyes.

Boolit Buddy
    Using that bullet in a .303/.311” barrel is meaningless to the OP’s rifle. As above - and ignored by many posters - the nose section may not fit on the OP’s barrel since it is oversized for a .308” groove diameter. But it might, he needs to try it to find out for certain.

My Spanish Mauser in 7.62x51(CETME) loves the 155 PC'd, GC'd and sized to .310" Feeds great from the magazine, no jams.
    Last edited by sledgehammer001; 06-06-2022 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Typos
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!

Boolit Master

I have a 6 cavity and use it in both my SKS and my 2 300 BO's, AR and single shot pistol (Encore). My favorite 300 BO supersonic bullet.

Boolit Buddy
    I think it will work for me based off what I have seen in the replies. I am trying to work a trade for some to try, I have plenty of time and will wait to see that they work before I buy another chunk of aluminum from Lee.

Boolit Buddy
    Frosty, I highly recommend you have someone send you a dozen or so to see how it seats in your chamber. If you go that route make sure to measure the olgive to bullet base so what you seat is kind of in the middle of the road for nose diameter. My mold drops an assortment of diameters. Take care, Bill C.