MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: 8mm Mauser

Boolit Grand Master

8mm Mauser

What mold do those of you who load and shoot the 7.92x57 Mauser use.
    NOE and Accurate make molds. NOE is always out of stock.

I use the LEE 175 gr. boolit.
    The gas check shank is .308 on this mold. Very time consuming to get the gas checks
    seated and lubed. I would like info on what you folks shoot.
    Thanks!

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Use the same Lee bullet. Just works with 12.5 gr. Red Dot. Never bothered to try anything else

Boolit Grand Master

I use several moulds, Lyman and Lee; 323366, 323470, 323471, Lee GB 325-150-FN and a GC Lee C326-190-FN.

Are you using 30 cal or 32 cal GC's?

I've not had a problems GC any with Hornady or my own 32 cal GCs.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I use the same mold with and without a gas check. I use a 32 copper GC and have no issues in seating them thru a Lee push there die. I don't push them hared in my old 1905 Danzig GEW98. IIRC, I use around 8 grains of Red Dot - never had a leading issue. I also use a plain base 135ish grain flat nose that is from a NOE special run years back. I believe they still show it or similar in their line up but can't say if it is in stock. It shoots very well. I also have a 2 cavity RCBS .323 plain base that was intended for 8mm Nambu. Around 120 grains IIRC - a nice plinking round over some Red Dot.

Boolit Grand Master
    8mm gator checks. I bevel the base with the NOE gas check tool. They go on, but shave when seated.
    I seat the GC in one operation, and I crimp and lube in the next step.

Can one tumble lube and shoot without a gas check?? What velocity?? Red Dot, Bullseye, or Unique??

Shiloh

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I use several moulds, Lyman and Lee; 323366, 323470, 323471, Lee GB 325-150-FN and a GC Lee C326-190-FN.

Are you using 30 cal or 32 cal GC's?

I've not had a problems GC any with Hornady or my own 32 cal GCs.
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master
    Do you gas check it??

Shiloh

Quote Originally Posted by chutesnreloads View Post
    Use the same Lee bullet. Just works with 12.5 gr. Red Dot. Never bothered to try anything else
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Grand Master

I suggest 6.5 gr Bullseye. Should run 1000 fps +/-
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    Without the gas check correct??

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Grand Master

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

Shiloh
    With or without. I've shot lots of commercial cast 160 PB'd, the PB'd GB Lee 325-150-FN and 323470s over that load. Those weighed from 155 to 170 gr. Since trying GC'd bullets w/o the GC I prefer to use, even for plinking loads, either flat based PB'd cast bullets or use GCs. That's not saying the GC bullets sans GCs were unusable. Just saying what I prefer.
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla