RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: home made slix shot nipple type cones

home made slix shot nipple type cones

currently using tresco on my remington 1858 and seems ok at the minute but i do have a few spare sets of normal nipples in the range box.
    anyone tried adapting nipples with the hole in the side mod ?
    here in the uk its expensive to buy nipples esp if we need to import them so i thought i might try it out .
    i dont have any cap jams at all with my ruger old army.........its reliable and accurate
    comments will be most welcomed

Check YouTube for "Duelist1954". You may have to do a little digging, but I believe Mike did a video on modifying the caps. He also has a lot of videos on modifying and tuning cap and ball pistols.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Cheers, will look on mikes page

Boolit Buddy
    Are you looking to have the cap split on firing? If so a small notch cut in end of the nipple will do the same thing. If you want to drill holes in the side my suggestion is use a small carbide drill bit in a Dremel tool.

Recently I started using my 1858 along side my ROA and it started to jam occasionally to which I had to remove the cylinder to free it up …. Not sure if it was because of split caps in action I just presumed…. When I cleaned it and rebuilt it I indexed the action to make sure all fine and I got a jam.
    I replaced all the internals a year or so ago but new parts it didn’t like etc.
    Was told pietta had changed all the dies / molds and my revolver is an early one .
    Anyway I replaced all the old parts but also put in new treso nipples and fired it caps only with no issues.
    Took to the range and it worked fine with only one cylinder that I loaded up …. Didn’t take any reloading bits with me .
    Not sure if it’s the new nipples or my old parts reinstalled that made it function fine .
    Was only interested in the slix design and curious how it would work that’s all.
    All the caps seem to split fine .
    It’s as accurate as the Ruger but the Ruger feels and functions flawlessly