Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox

Thread: Ruger 50th Anniversary 10/22 Face lift.

Ruger 50th Anniversary 10/22 Face lift.

Some time back I traded my 10/22 takedown to a friend for a 50th Anniversary contest winning 10/22. I wanted a pic rail so I could mount my thermal scope on it. Plus it came with a threaded barrel that will come in handy when my suppressor gets out of jail.😊

My buddy had put a FAB defense folding stock on this particular rifle and given the original stock to his son. This stock was actually pretty nice, but when I found out his son was not using the original stock I asked if it was possible to get it back so I could return the rifle to it's stock configuration. Well, long story short my friend finally was able to get the original Ruger stock for my 50th Anniversary contest winning 10/22 back from his son and gave it to me!

Only problem was, it was a little beat up. There were some scratches and gouges, and it looked like someone had taken a file and tried to bevel the area where you insert the magazine. My friend said he got the gun used and he didn't know who had done that. They actually removed a fair amount of material on the bottom of the stock. Quite a hack job!🤬 At first I was just going to live with it reasoning that you never really look at the bottom of the stock, but after a while it really started bugging me so I decided to do something about it. JB Weld to the rescue! I mixed the epoxy and filled in the area that had been hacked up. While I was at it I went ahead and free floated the barrel and bedded the rear of the action and the first inch or so of barrel in front of the clamp. After everything had cured I removed the action from the stock and sanded the magazine area flush as best as I could.

At that point everything looked good, but I pretty much had to paint it to hide the JB Weld on the underside of the stock. Here is how it turned out. The area around the magazine...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220528_220559.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	300951

More pics...

Name:	20220528_214953.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	300952

Name:	20220528_215205.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	300953

I used Olive Drab Krylon Fusion paint and just taped off the areas I wanted to keep black. I like matte finishes on hunting guns. Shoots great with my old Lupy 2x7 on there! What do you think?

You've got a nice truck gun there. JB Weld is great stuff.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk