Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 gauge reloads

Boolit Master
    as for shot size, I use what ever I have even mixed grades of shot. even cut open duds and cut out and dump out the shot what ever size it is, I don't care, it is free shot. jmho.

My standard 12 ga. load is now New AA Hulls, 20 gr of Green Dot,. Claybuster WAA12 clone, 1 1/8 oz. #8 reclaimed or new shot (availability?) Cheddite Primers which I have converted to due to that's all that's available, and the ends are sealed so they don't get contaminated. I will stay with these as none have failed yet.

My used DL366 came to me set up for this load and I saw no need to change it. I set up my DL266 single stage for teh smae load adn I also load Round Balls and lee slugs with it as well.

In Don Verna's Post above he ran numbers on the differences Leeds versus Velocity, The operative point of the whole post was,,, You ain't gonna see the difference!

I am big on Standard Loads. I have one load for virtually every cartridge I reload for with only a few exceptions.. The reasons for this are simple. Each load does exactly what I want from it and there is no need to look further into it. I will now go shoot something which is the whole Idea of reloading in the first place.

M y .02 on this subject.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I acquired thirty pounds of 800x about two months ago . That'll get pressed into use once I've used up all the Red Dot , Green Dot , WIN Super Handicap , WIN 572 , Unique , WIN WSF and SR7625 .

I've about got loads worked out for everything from the 10 gauge 2 7/8" down to the 28 gauge for the no longer made 800x .

Incidentaly I've got 20+ bags of 7 1/2's waiting for me in PA when I go up next week and hopefully a couple bags of 6's . Came by these plain and simple because a friend called and said I can get this at this price , how much do you want ?
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

That 800x should be a phenomenal powder for your reduced pressure 8 gauge loads as well. Where you would find data, I have no idea. The stuff burns really well at low pressures for such a slow powder.

Boolit Master
    Got some excellent news today . My friend that texted me about shot in PA has thirty bags of 7 1/2’s and two bags of 6’s for me ! $49 a bag all inclusive . The 7 1/2’s I’m splitting with a friend . So we should both be good for shot until this time next year .

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Got some excellent news today . My friend that texted me about shot in PA has thirty bags of 7 1/2’s and two bags of 6’s for me ! $49 a bag all inclusive . The 7 1/2’s I’m splitting with a friend . So we should both be good for shot until this time next year .
    Good for you!

And good for sharing.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Good for you!

And good for sharing.
    In my two trips for shoots in PA this year I’ll have picked up fifty bags of 7 1/2’s . Of those my friends gotten half of them . I look out for him , he does my stock work

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    That 800x should be a phenomenal powder for your reduced pressure 8 gauge loads as well. Where you would find data, I have no idea. The stuff burns really well at low pressures for such a slow powder.
    I’ve got about ten pounds of Clays for the 1 1/2 ounce 8 gauge loads , more than that of Universal Clays for the 1 3/4 ounce loads . And plenty Blue Dot for the heavier yet stuff . I’ve not deviated much from the loads in Armbrust’s book other than buckshot , roundball and slug loads .

All good advice here. When my son shot 16 yard trap for 7 years, I went from 1 1/8 oz. to 1oz. for practice. We stayed with 1 1/8 for tournaments and sporting clays ( some shots are way out there). For a “do all” load, I would go with 1 oz. at 1150-1200.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smkummer View Post
    All good advice here. When my son shot 16 yard trap for 7 years, I went from 1 1/8 oz. to 1oz. for practice. We stayed with 1 1/8 for tournaments and sporting clays ( some shots are way out there). For a “do all” load, I would go with 1 oz. at 1150-1200.
    I shot four day SxS event at Rock Mountain in PA last Thursday thru Sunday . Anyway Mike throws some targets that are forty to quite possibly 65ish yards . Granted that part of the course is just for 10’s and 12’s but they’re out there .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12