WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: 375 win ammo at midway

Boolit Master

375 win ammo at midway

has the world gone completely mad? was just looking though out of stock ammo prices at midway and winchester 200 grain 375 win is priced $142
    I guess because it is limited production run ammo

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Common and odd-ball ammo is mostly ALL out of stock in many places. If you find it, the prices will make your jaw drop.

Just the times we live in.

Go Brandon.

Boolit Master
    I love to window shop, I have the winchester and a marlin in 375, and had come across an ad on gun broker for a nearly impossible to find savage 99 in 375 win.
    and its a beauty, new never fired in the original box. current bid is $1800 with $2300 buy it now, makes me wish I was no longer retired. that's what got me looking to see if a new owner might be able to find ammo.

That makes me happy I bought a full case of .375 Winchester brass when Midway had it on close out a few years ago...
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    Starline has .375 Winchester brass available on back order now. Every time I have ordered brass from them on backorder, including recently, it arrives within a few weeks. If you need it I would order it now.

Boolit Master
    sorta been wondering what all the fuss is about. I had a 375 BB ages ago, ran it on reformed 30/30 cases without incident (PMC brand It was good brass tough and easy to work) load was a factory velocity RE7 under a 225 grain GC boolit. Had no sign of anything going awry with the cases and the thing shot ok. after a longish career shooting light recoiling stuff (22/250 to 44/40) the BB bit both ends - doubtful it would seem the same now.
    All I did with the cases was made a long taper expander from a 3/8th bolt that the thread fit the top thread in one of my loading dies - polish it real good was the secret.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    That makes me happy I bought a full case of .375 Winchester brass when Midway had it on close out a few years ago...
    That must be the same sale I took advantage of. I don't remember the price or how much I paid, but it was obviously a mistake on Midway's part because they changed the price soon after I placed my order. I don't remember it being on close out.

I do remember selling about half of the brass and I still have 7 or 8 hundred pcs left. All still in the original bags.
    John
    W.TN

Mine came in a Winchester Factory case lot carton, bulk packed. It was listed in the Close Out email they send about once a week, but it's been several years ago.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    has the world gone completely mad? was just looking though out of stock ammo prices at midway and winchester 200 grain 375 win is priced $142
    I guess because it is limited production run ammo
    I didn't know that they sold rifle ammo in 100 round boxes

Boolit Master
    The gun world has pretty much gone nuts especially if you are trying to buy factory ammo. I see that Starline lists 375 Winchester brass that is back ordered at normal prices. That would be my goal if I had a gun so chambered. Get at least a batch of 500 or better yet 1,000 and be set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    The gun world has pretty much gone nuts especially if you are trying to buy factory ammo. I see that Starline lists 375 Winchester brass that is back ordered at normal prices. That would be my goal if I had a gun so chambered. Get at least a batch of 500 or better yet 1,000 and be set for life.
    Yep, try to find some 45 Auto Rim brass without sacrificing your first born for it! Starline say's they have no plans for the Auto rim near future but if I had a 375 Win, I would hop on that Starline deal.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!