MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox

Thread: Vanguard Arm Rifle Kits/Anyone have Experience?

Boolit Bub

Vanguard Arm Rifle Kits/Anyone have Experience?

Has anyone made a rifle from one of their kits?
    Thanks,
    Terryt

Terry, I am familiar with this rifle plan but decided not to build it because of all of the sawing, filing, and hand work it would take and my hands are arthritic. I looked at the kit offered and think it is a bargain at todays prices considering you could easily spend the price of the kit in just obtaining the steel plus buying saw blades, drill bits, grinding wheels, ect. to cut and shape these pieces.
    If you think your up to the build I would go for it as you have a much higher chance of completing the rifle action with most of the parts pre cut and shaped properly.
    It’s not very expensive and if you get in over your head and want to sell it someone here on the forum would probably buy it from you.
    For the wood stocks, I would try to find a one piece stock blank that is already shaped and cut the two pieces from it to save a lot of work.
    Good luck to you if you decide to build it and take pics and post them as we all like to see projects come together.

Jedman

After reading what I could find on this small 2 person company it sounds like they are trying to continue to bring out more products. I seen that they are working on improving the Chicopee kit to where the side plates will have the rear support blocks machined in to the side plate making it one piece. Also that they are working with 1018 steel where the kits now are A 36 mild steel that looks to have a lot of scale on it in the picture of the kit they are now selling.
    I know over my adult lifetime I have seen many of these companies that either make kits to make single shot actions or falling block style rifles and none of the small ones are around now.
    For this guy to be the one machine operator in this outfit to offer to make individual parts plus making barrels and doing all machine work is very ambitious.
    They do have a phone number and a email address but I would would not call them to ask questions unless I was intending to buy something but it would be nice to hear from someone who has built a rifle from their kit and hear if parts are correct and holes are in the right places ect.
    I have a lifetime supply of project rifles now waiting to be finished or else I might buy one of these myself.

Jedman