Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: like jay leno, yeah, i got a beef

Boolit Master

like jay leno, yeah, i got a beef

I try not to complain too much. what good does it do anyway? but is it just me or does anyone else get bugged when they look though the site here and people post stuff in "our town:" section that should have been posted or moved to another place on the site? I ll use an imaginary topic, its like someone starting a chat here about this certain type of lead they just found at the abandoned neighbors house. clearly such discussion belongs in the lead alloy section of the site.
    ok forgive me if this is meaningless drivel and I'm just a bit bummed out because I didn't get to shoot as much today as I would have liked and the coffee maker broke this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I'm just a bit bummed out because I didn't get to shoot as much today as I would have liked

You're bummed? I can beat that.

Heck, if I don't get out to the range in the next few days,
    Mrs. Winger will need to call some expert over here to talk me down off the roof.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I try not to complain too much. what good does it do anyway? but is it just me or does anyone else get bugged when they look though the site here and people post stuff in "our town:" section that should have been posted or moved to another place on the site? I ll use an imaginary topic, its like someone starting a chat here about this certain type of lead they just found at the abandoned neighbors house. clearly such discussion belongs in the lead alloy section of the site.
    ok forgive me if this is meaningless drivel and I'm just a bit bummed out because I didn't get to shoot as much today as I would have liked and the coffee maker broke this morning.
    It isn’t your forum so either accept how it is run or don’t participate.
    East Tennessee

I've shot claybirds from the roof, Ed.
    Stance is important

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

...its like someone starting a chat here about this certain type of lead...belongs in the lead alloy section of the site...and the coffee maker broke this morning.
    I get the sarcasm of the former "imaginary issue" and the realism of the latter. It is hoped that the inconvenience of a short $5.00 (in fuel) drive to the Convenience Store will alleviate your depression where they will sell you a 28 ounce, or greater, $1.98 Cup-O-Joe that'll change your outlook on Life.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    The only ones that bother me are when the discussion is really about politics. Thread is about wheel weights, and then it’s about the EPA and how the government is destroying the world.

Moderator Emeritus

farmbif....when we find the circumstances you described we do move them to the proper place and send a message to the person that posted their post in the wrong place.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    The only ones that bother me are when the discussion is really about politics. Thread is about wheel weights, and then it’s about the EPA and how the government is destroying the world.
    Jim, I'll go one farther then what buckwheatpaul said, if we find politics in any post in any sub-forum it goes to The Pit. We can't find them all so if anyone finds one out of place report it and we'll take a look. (Use the triangle with the !,lower left bottom of post)
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    back on track. the heck with them cheap plastic coffee makers, got the tea kettle and a fine mesh strainer to put over the coffee cup and let those grounds just get soaked for a little bit and the coffee is far superior to anything that ever came out of that mr coffee machine. I guess it was a wake up call realizing how off my day could be without that good morning cup o Joe

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    You know what's worse ?
    Failing your kid and wondering what you look like in the eyes of your your kids and family after 30 yr of successful kid raising .

It runs a close second to "read the stickies" and variations on "Read the manual that information is in there" . Seriously if a person has made it this far it's really likely that they've read the book and there's just something that isn't clicking . Sure 7 for 10 it's something like HT PC linotype is still leading at 44 bhn in my 38 Short , the Lyman book really didn't cover alloy to BHN relationships and the complex relationships . In fact it kind of left me wanting to quit before I started because it cost $4-500 to cast the first keeper and harder is always the answer .

Yeah read the stickies is what I got when I had a .314 free chamber 06' that with start loads of Unique was only leading from about 4" in front of the chamber to about 4" behind muzzle with a fat lube star . Nope it's my secret and y'all just going to have to read the stickies and figure it out .

I only have to avoid everything food wise that makes eating enjoyable for about 3 days so I can have a beer with a buddy . Coffee is off limits along with iced let alone sweet tea for my BP .
    We all got a 100 problems go get a percolator pot and an egg timer . It's an artform but worth it .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Your first sentence FAILED sorry

Boolit Master
    Didn't get to shoot as much today? I've not gotten to shoot anything in months! Count your blessing, man!

Boolit Master
    back on track. the heck with them cheap plastic coffee makers, got the tea kettle and a fine mesh strainer to put over the coffee cup and let those grounds just get soaked for a little bit and the coffee is far superior to anything that ever came out of that mr coffee machine. I guess it was a wake up call realizing how off my day could be without that good morning cup o Joe
    When I was young, we made coffee in a 6 quart Dutch oven. Filled it with water, brought it to a boil, and threw in some coffee grounds. Let it boil a bit, and then throw in a bit of cold water to settle the grounds. Cowboy coffee, my dad called it. Said it wasn't strong enough until you could float a horseshoe it it. And if you had to stir something into it, it should dissolve the spoon.

Bill

Boolit Master
    Cowboy coffee is great we were in Colorado at a camp ground they started a large campfire and when the fire was right out came a 5 gallon pot and water and coffee a little salt and wow. I dont know if it was the coffee or the Mountains but that was the best coffee i have had. The cook also cooked Bacon and eggs all for $2 all you could eat . That was back in the late 60's when the world was less crazy.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

……and the coffee maker broke this morning.
    You deserve to get irritated, not having a spare coffee maker.
    Our ten year old percolator is still chugging along. But there’s a NIB one in the laundry room cabinet just in case, and a stovetop percolator in the camping box in the garage.
    Not to steer off topic but dates anyone else moisten the filter canister before dumping a charge of coffee grounds in it? (Ha-Ha)

I think a beef is a head of livestock. I don't much like complainers or belly achers. i try to avoid them. Beside that I stop listening to them. I choose who I talk to and who I communicate with. If you are one of the above I will ignore you. There are things you can change and those you cannot. If you get into a situatin that is run by someone else you either abide by the rules or go somewhere else.

My kitten is grabbing my arm. That is more important to me.

Jim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Jim, I'll go one farther then what buckwheatpaul said, if we find politics in any post in any sub-forum it goes to The Pit. We can't find them all so if anyone finds one out of place report it and we'll take a look. (Use the triangle with the !,lower left bottom of post)
    I will say that ya’ll do a good job.

Guilty. and will probably be guilty in the future. Thanks to the mods for all the work you do to keep me (and others) in line. I quit trying to walk on water a long time ago.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    doesn't anyone else remember jay Leno comedy skit. part of his act was he would say "I got a beef" and he would make some jokes about complaining about something or other

This thread is waste of electrons .