RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bean time

My blackeyed peas were just beginning to bloom when the deer found them. Put up fencing and everything was going great just a little behind schedule. That is until I had to come out here to TX to take care of family. I just want some BEP's with snaps <sob> maybe next year.

Mmm tomatoes and okra over rice. Gotta do that too.
    Looking for USGI M1 and carbine rifle parts, please PM me.

Boolit Master
    I am glad for the block wall around the place, and chicken wire on the gates, there are dozens of rabbits here and the javalinas live on cactus, pigs in a garden would be bad. Some of the Villagers put out water for the critters, birdbaths, I hope they don't feed the javalinas. Youtube has a channel for javalina attacks in Green Valley.
    I have some small melons starting and I have hopes the rest of the flowers set. Snow peas in March. Bush beans in April, still producing now in the third planting. Three zucchini vines are taking over the backyard so I pick zucs very small. I am picking summer squash but the flowers got eaten, likely by the quail family that ate my tomatoes last year. Wife planted marigolds and the quail ate them. I'll pick cukes next week. Gonna be 117F on Friday, I need to put the sunscreens up or have fried veggies.

Boolit Master
    Purple hull peas now blooming, just finally got .7” rain yesterday. Been very hot and dry end of May and first of June. The deer have been watching the patch but have yet to cross the electric or jump the panel fence.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Wayne, strawberries reproduce by runners. You will have plants that you plant and they will produce strawberries - and runners that start new plants. These plants will produce for several years, so do not remove the original plants. The runners will produce berries next year, or later this year for the everbearing type. And they will produce runners, and so on, as long as you want to increase your patch. At some point you will replace your original plants with runners, and you have come full circle.
    I have a four by ten foot plot that I am hoping will become a permanent strawberry bed. Now I have to build another to put the tomatoes and beans in.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Wayne it looks like my strawberries have stopped producing like they were. The patch is about 5'x7' and we got almost 30 lbs from it over the last month or so. Curious if it will be done for the year. Good luck with yours.
    Ron
    Thanks for the inspiration, Mr. Wolf. I didn't really expect much this year, but I'm hopeful that next year will have an abundant harvest. I plan to mulch heavily to get the plants through winter.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12