Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: What a day

Boolit Master

What a day

So I called 2 different W marts and was told they had a Hatfield 12 g single shot in stock.Next day I went to the store near my area,when I go in and ask to purchase one the employee says our background check system has been out of order for 3 days, so I drive to the other store and was told that there was no one on duty that could do a background check in the store.Guess I'm just not meant to have a cheap o shotgun.

Boolit Master

I noticed yesterday that our local Walmart is fully stocked with long guns and also had a fair assortment of ammunition. The man that usually works the sporting goods counter actually knows about guns.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Our local WM never has anyone manning the Sporting Goods counter. No guns, and very little ammo. I don't waste my time looking for firearms-related things there.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend of mine bought one of their pump shotguns, from WM. Said the trigger pull seemed like it was about 20 lbs but seemed like it was getting better after shooting a box of shells thru it. Functioned smoothly. Think he said he paid $127 for it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Our local WM never has anyone manning the Sporting Goods counter. No guns, and very little ammo. I don't waste my time looking for firearms-related things there.
    Same here, in fact I very rarely waste my time by even going to a WalMart.

Boolit Grand Master

I can't even get a simple Fishing License out of those fools ... they have more excuses of why they can't sell you a liscense than Carter has Little Liver Pill's ...
    Seven years now I try our local WM and so far .... Me - 0 and WM - 7
    and never the same excuse twice ...them folks are good at making up excuses .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I don’t even think the WMs around here sell BB guns. Only time I go there is to buy FishBites bait. They’re about $1.50 cheaper per pack than anywhere else and usually have a good selection. Nothing else there for me.

Boolit Master

The Grants Pass, Oregon Walmart just discontinued all guns and ammo.
    They never had any reloading components.
    I prefer the local Bi Mart anyway.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    The Grants Pass, Oregon Walmart just discontinued all guns and ammo.
    Why is it some WMs sell firearms and ammo while others don’t. The two near us stopped selling them a couple years ago. If it was corporate policy you’d think they’d all be on the same page.

Boolit Master
    I like to peruse the wally world sporting goods departments when we go out on vacation.....the regional differences can be startling! The most amazing one I have seen was in Missouri, where the firearms selection reminded me of the glory days of the seventies. Their gun racks took up a half an aisle, and every slot was full. I asked the attendant about corporate politics against firearms, and was told that they hadn't heard anything against them. Goes to show that news and policies are frequently way more local than any of us realize! (Please forgive a blatantly political statement, but, that could explain a lot of the things being pushed by the governmental bodies around the nation)
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I can't even get a simple Fishing License out of those fools ... they have more excuses of why they can't sell you a liscense than Carter has Little Liver Pill's ...
    Seven years now I try our local WM and so far .... Me - 0 and WM - 7
    and never the same excuse twice ...them folks are good at making up excuses .
    Gary
    Doesn't your state fish and game dept. sell them on line? That's how I got mine in KS.

Boolit Master
    Ya, you could probably do that here in Pa. But my nerves could not handle online stuff in this state.Heck I called Regional office one time to find out if shooting range was open since they had been making improvements on it.Since its a drive and wanting to save gas, figured call first.Well sir all the ranges are open at this time is what they told me.20 miles to get there guess what , not open.Worker tells be might open in a couple of days.ahhh