RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Ramshot Enforcer

Ramshot Enforcer

In working up loads for the .357 magnum rifle and the .32 S&W Long in a rifle I have been trying different powders. Several have told me to try 2400 but I have found it to be unavailable. I do have some Ramshot Enforcer. My powder burning rates guide lists Enforcer right next to 2400. One place slower. Enforcer is a spherical powder and should meter well.

Has anyone been using Enforcer? Are there idiosyncracies I should know about?

Jim

I have been using it for a fairly short time but am so far liking it in 357. For my pistols and carbine the Hodgdon max of 14 grains for an 158 XTP was too hot for me. I tried the Nosler load data for their 158 grain JHP bullet at their 13.2 grains suggestion for an accuracy load and am very happy so far.
    It did flatten the Winchester SP magnum primers but i tried the CCI 400, which CCI says is equivalent to the CCI 550, and they didn’t flatten nearly as bad in the pistols.
    I will have to learn to love it since i now have 12lbs of it! I do shoot a lot of .357 loads in my two pistols and the Marlin carbine so it probably won’t last forever!

Boolit Buddy
    It works well. I use in lots of calibers

Boolit Master
    I shot a few rounds of Enforcer (13.0 grains) behind an NOE-360-160-WFN with CCI 550 primers today. This was an accurate load for me. Left some I burnt powder, so I’ll be increasing the charge next time.
    The recoil isn’t any harsher than True Blue. Shooting a 3” & 25 oz revolver with a hardwood grip. Hurts so good…

Boolit Master
    I wonder if Enforcer will burn completely in a 6" revolver barrel. I never have been able to get 2400 to burn completely in a 6" barrel, no matter how hard I pushed it. Perhaps Enforcer is better-behaved in this respect.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    Does barrel length affect how much semi-burnt powder is left in the case?

Boolit Master
    It seems to affect how much semi-burnt powder is left in the barrel. Since, for micro-seconds, the case is a sort of extension of the barrel, I would not be surprised to find that it does affect how much powder is left in the case. On the other hand, perhaps semi-burnt powder in a case suggests a need for higher pressure or a magnum pistol primer.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master
    That makes sense. I suppose pressure in the case and barrel drops off quickly the moment the bullet exits the gun. I used magnum primers with Enforcer. My .357SIG needs magnum primers with a compressed load of Accurate #9, so Enforcer with a small amount of air in a .356 Mag case will surely need a magnum primer… but the case in a bottom feeder isn’t quite so much a part of the barrel.

Boolit Master

I just tried some in my 450 Bush Master!! Worked very well. Posted claimed velocities and was accurate. First time using too.

CW

https://youtu.be/y3ajQakvfOQ
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw