WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi 92 sights

Quote Originally Posted by cabezaverde View Post
    Can't find on his site.
    It’s made by Marbles. It was hard to find. https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.p...products_id=46

Boolit Master
    I am 71 years old. I wear tri-focal glasses. The rear sight is most visible using the lower part of the glasses, and the front sight comes into focus using the middle part of the glasses, but if I want to SEE the target, I have to use the top part of my glasses. The only way it will work is for me to just use the top part which means the front sight and rear sight are fuzzy, but I have learned to deal with it. I seriously doubt that any kind of aftermarket rear sight would make much difference.

I use bifocals. I simply let the rear sight get fuzzy. I can see it well enough to center the factory front sight and target. The replacement sight I installed made a significant improvement.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by engineer401 View Post
    I use bifocals. I simply let the rear sight get fuzzy. I can see it well enough to center the factory front sight and target. The replacement sight I installed made a significant improvement.
    I don't wear glasses, but my eyes at 70 ain't what they were when I was on the college rifle team back in 1969-1971. The factory rear sight is way too far forward. A peep sight at the back of the receiver will improve that, plus a peep sight tends to gather the light and there is nothing to line up; you just look through it.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Bub
    I have seen those. Are you happy with the sight picture?
    Very happy.
    The inner and outter ring make for getting on target fast, the additional height makes for a better, more comfortable cheek weld (marine style, cheek parallel to the side of the stock and drop the brim of your hat, by moving your head not your hat, untill the sights align).

It is taller off the barrel but if you consider an optic it is almost as tall (no housing or turrets) but considerably lighter.
    I did paint the front blade with bright yellow/orange to make it easer to pick up, as long as I am not attacked by clowns it gives good contrast to the background.

Jaaymar

Skinner sights on mine. Installs in the dovetail groove where the rear blade was. That gold bead on the front sight really shows up on mine.
    http://www.skinnersights.com/rossi_firearms_23.html
    Down towards the bottom. I've a Stainless steel gun, so I bought the SS sight. Comes with a couple of different apertures.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Skinner sights on mine. Installs in the dovetail groove where the rear blade was. That gold bead on the front sight really shows up on mine.
    http://www.skinnersights.com/rossi_firearms_23.html
    Down towards the bottom. I've a Stainless steel gun, so I bought the SS sight. Comes with a couple of different apertures.
    Ordered today.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master
    ok guys, I'm not an expert but I do know that the rear sight dovetail in my old interarms Rossi's are not a normal dovetail cut. this conversation got me more serious about putting a fast fire on one and Steve gunz website has a single groove pic mount but it doesn't say which dovetail it will fit.

Boolit Bub
    The dovetail on the Rossi 92 is non standard , It is larger ,I purchased a Skinner rear aperture and used a triangular swiss file and shaped the sight dovetail to fit as skinners say on the website , There was a marked increase in my scores using the Skinner apertures as my 60 year old eyesight had started to lose it's edge with the standard Rossi rear sight.
    Last edited by andy h; 05-28-2022 at 05:06 PM. Reason: additional information

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy h View Post
    The dovetail on the Rossi 92 is non standard , It is larger ,I purchased a Skinner rear aperture and used a triangular swiss file and shaped the sight dovetail to fit as skinners say on the website , There was a marked increase in my scores using the Skinner apertures as my 60 year old eyesight had started to lose it's edge with the standard Rossi rear sight.
    Are you using it with the aperture in or removed?
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Bub
    Aperture in using the .070" as the .125" it ship's with I find a little to open also I painted the front blade dayglow orange to contrast against the target's.

Boolit Buddy

I have an older 92 with the barrel band front sight and square notch rear. They are getting a little tough for my older eyes.

What are you guys using instead?
    I'm 67 and I simply put a dab of off white / almond appliance touch up paint on the front sight. World of difference.

Brass bead front sights are evil.

Noah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12