RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: 500 JRH w/440 cast

Boolit Man

500 JRH w/440 cast

I have shot the 500 JRH with Buffalo Bore's 440gr cast at a mild 975fps. They are OK for a range session. But a much better selection is to load the same said bullet with 29.5grs of H110 under it. This makes for a much more accurate load I feel. It speaks with authority on the users end and I have not been able to test like I want.
    I have loaded a 275gr Barnes XPB which is their hollow point. I have not even shot the rounds yet, and I am going to try them with some Viht N105.
    I would like to pressure test these loads, as I have found that N105 acts like 296 or H110 when not loaded up to near capacity. I am talking Spikes.
    Rain is stopping me right now, and the gas crunch has wreaked havoc on my hunting since I have to travel quite a ways to do things.
    Anyone else ever tried N105 in the larger calibers? The 41 and the 32 seems to like it. I have not tried it personally in the 10mm but have heard it works good in it.

Boolit Man
    Just want to add,,,,
    The Burn rate is close to AA#9 and Enforcer. Slower than 2400 and Faster than N110 or H110. Vihtavouri's slowest of the pistol powders. It is clean burning, I think I used Enforcer with the 275gr Barnes in the 500 S&W. Wading into some uncharted area. I can't trust QL when it comes to pressure.

Boolit Buddy
    Tracker, I have found N105 to be the most accurate powder I've ever tried in several different 44 magnums and 45 Colt/454 Casull revolvers. In 44 mag I've used it with 240 gr SWCs and XTPs, plus 265 gr SWC GCs at 1200-1300 fps. 340 gr WLN GCs in both 45 Colt and 454 Casull at 1100-1200 fps have also been incredibly accurate.

Boolit Man
    I want to know how much N105 with those 340gr in 45 Colt and 454? Pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting them here.

Boolit Buddy
    PM sent.