Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Leather cheek Riser Reccomendtions?

Leather cheek Riser Reccomendtions?

Was at my friend's sisters' place doctoring on some dogs the other night and they had found more of there dads gun stuff they wanted me to have. As I was putting it in the car I just asked who was getting his .270 and apparently my friends not getting any guns till she gets a gun safe. Mentioned it was a shame for a gun like that not to be shot. She nodded and then asked if I'd like to take it and hold on to it for her sister. Said since I have all his other reloading and gun stuff seemed right. So yeah now I have this.

First .270 I've ever owned first weatherby as well. Anyhow I think I'm gonna splurge a Little and go against my usual grain when it comes to guns. Gonna try and keep everything.... traditional I guess . Going try and get all the components he used and remake his old loads from 91' with his presses and dies. Think he'd like that.Deal is though he was a bigger guy then me and his daughter so I really need a cheek Riser for this gun ( actually 80% of my guns have risers).
    As you can see u can't really see though the optic with a goo cheek weld lol

I wanna keep it classy and traditional though it's a nice work horse gun and wanna keep it like that.So looking into a leather one when I get the cash saved up. Mabye something like this ?

Y'all happen to have any recommendations? Preferably for under $100 ?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    I built some for my sons and several friend's kids using boot tops.
    Split one side (bottom of the stock) and punch holes to lace it tightly. Determine the height you need then use the other boot top and wet form it to the desired size. Trim it then I sew down on one side (cheek side of the comb)and front and back. Then sew in a zipper to close the off side. I stuff it with horse tail and mane hair to finish it up.
    I'm sure my explanation is poor, but I can get a photo or two of one tomorrow.

Cost is roughly $15 with a really good zipper and the thread and thong to lace it with.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    I built some for my sons and several friend's kids using boot tops.
    Split one side (bottom of the stock) and punch holes to lace it tightly. Determine the height you need then use the other boot top and wet form it to the desired size. Trim it then I sew down on one side (cheek side of the comb)and front and back. Then sew in a zipper to close the off side. I stuff it with horse tail and mane hair to finish it up.
    I'm sure my explanation is poor, but I can get a photo or two of one tomorrow.

Cost is roughly $15 with a really good zipper and the thread and thong to lace it with.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Pictures !

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like you have a decent sitting position going for you.

A smaller objective lens on the scope will let you use shorter rings.

I don't like butt cuffs or cheekpieces that put an extra thickness between my cheek and the stock. It always feels wrong to me, probably the illusion of more cast off.

My buddy that was into trap shooting used to use spray glue to hold a piece of leather to the comb if he only needed 1/8-1/4" more height. The advantage to that was wd-40 would clean off the glue residue when he took it off.

Good luck, those Howa made Weatherby's tend to shoot well.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a couple I made from worn out shoes for an 1894C and 35Rem 336SC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	300536

For a stop gap i have head of people using soft knee pads, like high school athletes wear. Slip on, slip off and no scuffing the gun.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Bub
    I have one made by Voodoo Tactical that was on a rifle I purchased. Look it up online. If it is what you are looking for I will send it to you. PM me your address