Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Nice weekend with the boys.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell

Nice weekend with the boys.

Seems like it's been forever since I got away with no time lines , no task list , just firewood , conversion , shooting , shooing kids , and a little rye .

It was a group of us from a "well it shoots BP so it must be a muzzle loader " tee shirts and sneakers rendezvous . It's evolved into more of a "oh what the heck bring whatever you got and pass it around " .

I took the granddaughter this time and she shot a bunch of 22 and 17 HMR . By a bunch I think we shot about 150 rounds of LR and 25-30 HMR .
    She shot my Dad's cottontail destroyer Win 67A mostly . He bought it in 1953 with his earnings from pulling ice in an ice house in southern California . The 25 yd 2&3" spinners got to be in a lot of trouble after she figured out the sight picture . We were just shooting up all those partial boxes and loose rounds that seem to pile up in the 5 yr bucket . At 30-35 yd those Super X HP will open a pop can full of water right up .

All of us being grandparent age or very close to it , I think the boys enjoyed watching the cans blow up almost as much as the granddaughter enjoyed blowing them up . At 50&75 yd with a bipod and 12x scope on the 17HMR she had no problem tearing cans in 2-3 pieces .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Ahh,, fun, relaxing days,, made superb by spending time with the granddaughter.

Boolit Master

I've reloaded 10's of thousands of rounds for my family, my boys, my daughter, their friends, my friends, co-workers, etc., and when we gather at our private range to "blow stuff up", it includes Tannerite as well as hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of rounds expended. I don't supply all of the ammo. I couldn't afford that. I have received "gratuitous amounts" of reloading components for providing and coordinating a safe, comfortable, range, and a fun morning or afternoon shooting my shotguns, rifles, and handguns or theirs.

Definitely the semi-auto and full auto rifles have been the favorites. Offhand pistol and revolver shooting is done for equipment familiarization. Blowing holes in the air, or at targets, and definitely making noise - is just plain fun. Bench work for serious target shooting and component accurizing is done on other occasions. Hunting the land's abundant game is done in the times in between...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Yup, fam shoots are great. I am a G.F.
    Whatever!