WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Need information about the workings of Uberti/Colt clones

Boolit Master

Need information about the workings of Uberti/Colt clones

A couple weeks ago I started a thread about a Colt clone that has come into the family (Opinions-needed-for-cast-in-45-Colt)

Since then I have gotten a set of Lee dies(I won't do thatagain, and a two hole Lee (452-252-SWC).

Loaded two bullet weights and two powders, best results were with 5gr Red Dot under the Lee 252. Benched at 25 yds it was going about 2" low and (still) left but a little closer to center,<3".

I don't have a heavier bullet right now Son-in-Law thought it shot "pretty good" as it was but he's probably not realizing what "good" is really like.

Anyhow, an issue with the gun cropped up today. I had a high primer tie up the cylinder, I managed to get the cylinder out, but while I had it in my hand I saw something hit the ground by my feet. The Base Pin Bushing had fallen out! Never had that happen before. The front end of the base pin has a shallow, circumferential groove that looks like it was put there to allow for some manner of retainer but exploded dwgs. don't show anything. Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Master
    That bushing is sometimes loose enough to fall out - it's normally trapped in the cylinder by the frame but you can often pull one out between thumb and finger.