Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Converting .284 Win files to reload .310 Martini Cadet?

Converting .284 Win dies to reload .310 Martini Cadet?

I purchased a used Lee .284 die set that someone had labeled .310 Cadet conversion.

The bottom halve of the resizing/deprimming die has been machined off. The seating die appears unaltered.

I can not even set the cut down deprimming die to deprime, it appears the deprimming punch has been replaced with one much shorter than the original rifle length. The .284 die would have worked just fine without cutting it down to only deprime 310 cadet without sizing.

The 310 brass never contacts anything in the seating die.

The only spec that then comes close on either cartridge is the 310 forward of the heel diameter (.322") and the outside neck diameter on the .284 brass (.320"). You would have to remove the bottom half on the seating die in able to use it for seating/crimping .310 projectiles.

My thoughts at this point are someone tried to make .310 Cadet dies that would only deprime and seat with no other brass being worked, ie: to use the resizing dies to only deprime.... but got the cut down length or correct die to cut down wrong, and then stopped the project before cutting down the seating die to only seat/crimp the bullet.

Any other thoughts, insights, ect?
    Last edited by Bwana John; 05-22-2022 at 09:48 PM.