ADvertise hereLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Easy money with fish water

  1. #1
    Boolit Master Wolfdog91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Amite County MS
    Posts
    591

    Easy money with fish water

    Well looks like I got a new little revenue stream lol my buddy just started trying to garden for the first time. Flowers in pots and all. Well she was having problems with them not doing too well and brought her some water from my aquaponics tank and told her to mix it in her flowers waterer. My aquaponics tank water is full of various nitrates and what not from the fish and plants LOVE IT ! Well I get a text from one of her friends asking if I can sell her some of this "magic fish water" because she wants her flower to look like my buddies. Well next thing ya know I got a couple different women texting me asking how much I charge for a bottle !This keeps up imma need to get a second tank lol

    Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

  2. #2
    Boolit Master Shawlerbrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    2,169
    Capitalism !!

  3. #3
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    796
    GONRA thought EVERYBODY knew FISH POOP is great for plants?

  4. #4
    Moderator


    Minerat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jefferson County, CO
    Posts
    7,493
    Extra Special all organic natural concentrated house plant supplement should go for $8.00 per liter (quart). It's all about marketing.
    Steve,

    Life Member NRA
    Member: Clear Creek County Sportsman Association


    Kilo Charlie zero Golf Papa Tango (kc0gpt)

  5. #5
    Boolit Buddy


    foesgth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tustin, CA
    Posts
    442
    After checking my 401k I have a question. In a couple of months when you can afford it could I hire on as your driver? I can drive that stick shift Ranger no problem.
    Nothing gets rid of tension like shooting your old computer with a 10 gauge.

  6. #6
    Boolit Master fastdadio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mi.
    Posts
    727
    Wonder what the shelf life would be? Set a bottle aside for a while and see what happens. If it's still good after a year, bottle and sell it.
    See me for other great consultation tips....
    Deplorable infidel

  7. #7
    Boolit Grand Master

    Winger Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just outside Gun Barrel City, Texas
    Posts
    6,135
    Too cool.
    You don't have to look for a job here. A job will find you if ya let it.

    Those folks probably don't realize any area lake or pond is also full of the magic fish water.
    Never ask old people how they are doing.
    Because they'll tell ya, and you really don't want to know.


    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

  8. #8
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Posts
    1,000
    Looks like a win win situation to me!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

  9. #9
    Boolit Master



    BrassMagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,789
    Well done Wolfdog91!
    I am trying to start down that path. I have the greenhouse kit that needs to be assembled. After many months of waiting, they finally poured my concrete slab three days ago. I won't be in competition with you selling magic potions to little ladies as I am putting a raised bed garden in downhill from the greenhouse.
    I see you went for gold fish. I intend to start with mosquito fish (Gambusia Affinis) and then move on to bluegills. I have some of the IBC totes like yours and I also have some food grade stock tanks.
    Once my concrete slab cures (My concrete guy said one week!) I can start assembling the greenhouse and moving the tanks into position. My intent is to separate my tanks into four separate systems. My raised bed garden will use cinderblocks stacked two high. My back is gonna be sore! The payoff will come later. Fresh salad all winter and some vegetables to go with it and lots of produce in the summer months.
    I will have some composted sawdust trucked in to bulk of the soil and improve drainage. I have also began collecting the grass cuttings and leaves to compost. With this first pile, I will just rototill mix it and add it to the sawdust that goes in the bottom of my raised beds and then I will till it again after adding topsoil. A little natural composting can take place under my plants for a start. I realize the composted sawdust will have little to no fertilizer value.
    Once the truckloads of sawdust are delivered, I can have my neighbor plow my chosen area and then I can rototill it. Maybe I'll just till it.
    I also have some spaghum peat moss to add. I got it before the local store ran out.
    The fun starts soon!

  10. #10
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,806
    I hear tell if you are famous enough, you can sell your own bath water! I have been told there are women on the internet doing that very thing now! I think they're on snatch purse or some such site, any way thought you may want to try this as well?

  11. #11
    Boolit Grand Master

    gwpercle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    8,079
    Danged good idea ... and market it as Green - All Natural - No Chemicals - Bio Safe ... or whatever the terminology is that bunch like to see .

    I remember my dad making a liquid fertilizer "tea" out of composted manure water and maybe epsom salts or something like that and pouring it on his tomatoe plants .
    Fish manure in water... should be awesome fertilizer .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

  12. #12
    Boolit Master Scrounge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    OKC Metro
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Well done Wolfdog91!
    I am trying to start down that path. I have the greenhouse kit that needs to be assembled. After many months of waiting, they finally poured my concrete slab three days ago. I won't be in competition with you selling magic potions to little ladies as I am putting a raised bed garden in downhill from the greenhouse.
    I see you went for gold fish. I intend to start with mosquito fish (Gambusia Affinis) and then move on to bluegills. I have some of the IBC totes like yours and I also have some food grade stock tanks.
    Once my concrete slab cures (My concrete guy said one week!) I can start assembling the greenhouse and moving the tanks into position. My intent is to separate my tanks into four separate systems. My raised bed garden will use cinderblocks stacked two high. My back is gonna be sore! The payoff will come later. Fresh salad all winter and some vegetables to go with it and lots of produce in the summer months.
    I will have some composted sawdust trucked in to bulk of the soil and improve drainage. I have also began collecting the grass cuttings and leaves to compost. With this first pile, I will just rototill mix it and add it to the sawdust that goes in the bottom of my raised beds and then I will till it again after adding topsoil. A little natural composting can take place under my plants for a start. I realize the composted sawdust will have little to no fertilizer value.
    Once the truckloads of sawdust are delivered, I can have my neighbor plow my chosen area and then I can rototill it. Maybe I'll just till it.
    I also have some spaghum peat moss to add. I got it before the local store ran out.
    The fun starts soon!
    For help with the sore back: https://www.homemadetools.net/homema...-lifting-tongs Work smarter, not harder! Remember, Man is a tool using animal.

  13. #13
    Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

    waksupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Posts
    18,805
    When I still did a garden I had a half barrel of water out where I clean fish. All the scrap would go in the water to brew, heads, skeleton, guts, skin, fins. It made the best tomato food ever!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

    Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!


  14. #14
    Boolit Buddy hwilliam01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    The Great White North (Maine)
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Danged good idea ... and market it as Green - All Natural - No Chemicals - Bio Safe ... or whatever the terminology is that bunch like to see .

    I remember my dad making a liquid fertilizer "tea" out of composted manure water and maybe epsom salts or something like that and pouring it on his tomatoe plants .
    Fish manure in water... should be awesome fertilizer .
    Gary
    Don't forget...also Gluten Free...

  15. #15
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Green Valley
    Posts
    397
    Don't forget to label it! All containers must have warning labels!
    no animals were harmed
    100% post-fish waste
    100% recycled
    100% organic
    100% natural
    sugar free
    gluten free
    salt free
    contains no preservatives
    made in a facility that processes nuts
    probably causes cancer in CA
    (most important) Made in the USA.

    We are going to need fish poop, phosphate used to come from russia.

  16. #16
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Don't forget to label it! All containers must have warning labels!
    no animals were harmed
    100% post-fish waste
    100% recycled
    100% organic
    100% natural
    sugar free
    gluten free
    salt free
    contains no preservatives
    made in a facility that processes nuts
    probably causes cancer in CA
    (most important) Made in the USA.

    We are going to need fish poop, phosphate used to come from russia.
    You forgot "free range".

  17. #17
    Boolit Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    MI (summer) - AZ (winter)
    Posts
    4,711
    Now you just need to add packages of "magic beans" to your product line!

  18. #18
    Boolit Grand Master

    gwpercle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    8,079
    I got a septic tank ...how many gallons of Liquid fertilizer is in there ...
    Naw ...I don't care what it sells for ... I ain't going in there .
    Some things just don't pay enough .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

  19. #19
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Greater Portland OR.
    Posts
    1,657
    Your water is probably NOT salt free. Most fresh water has some salt in it. Not enough to taste but some salt. Probably has other things in it that in quantity would cause problems.
    Thats the stuff that makes it work.

  20. #20
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quilcene, Washington
    Posts
    3,437
    I have a 15x10 pond full of healthy breeding goldfish. Great idea for the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check