Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: Magazine storage

Magazine storage

I've a goodly number of magazines for my various guns. And I've got some metal ones mainly 1911, stuck to a magnet fron HF. Which works, but not on all the various plastic mags. I have limited flat space, but a lit of wall space that is plywood and wafer board. So I can easily screw to the wall. Found the guy's posts on prusa's new site for 3d prints.

https://www.printables.com/social/26...kiewicz/models

He's got various mag holders and he uses a slat wall, but with holes in each I just screw directly to the wall.
    I've printed his glock, and 10-22 and they both work fine. I designed similar for my CZ scorpion and will post it up.
    I'll most probably try the AR and the 1911 just to get everything in one area....
    Here are my prints so far. I did paint most as i used up pieces of several pla colors.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

That is an interesting storage idea. I keep saying someday to set mine back up and learn to program butt stuff keeps getting in the way. Nicely done.

Boolit Buddy
    Kinda cool if you just have a few mags or if you want to keep a few handy that you use all of the time.

Wouldn't be practical for "storage" for me, though...I'd have to cover all of my walls in those things. lol!

Boolit Master

Harbor Freight makes magnatic strips that work awesome for a bunch of things and mounted the the door of your safe make AWESOME magazine holders and they are CHEAP!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Harbor Freight makes magnatic strips that work awesome for a bunch of things and mounted the the door of your safe make AWESOME magazine holders and they are CHEAP!

CW
    Lot of uses for them besides tool holders. I use a bunch on the kitchen island to hold serving trays. Works great and hid some gouging in the wood from prior owner.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post

CW

A couple large paint sticks and some zip ties work great with the HF magnets. A little felt or rubber feet to not scuff the wall for a nice removable mag storage option. These are zip tied to the wire racking in the closet.

While I agree, I've got one under a shelf that holds my walther ppx, my 1911 both single and double stack mags, they don't work for my walther ccp mags that are stainless steel and non magnetic. Nor any of my non oem glock mags, nor my ruger 1022 mags, nor the cz mags that are all polymer save springs. For that matter most of my ar mags are almost all polymer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

One of the fellows used to be in club had what I thought an ingenious method for his mag storage. To wit, he heated some plastic pipe after which he scrunched to make oval -- the new shape perfect for a magazine. He mounted them with metal strapping to a wall -- vertically -- with a large nail going through a couple of holes in pipe near it's (now) bottom.
    He was able to "load" quite a few magazines in the pipe, and removal of mag(s) was quite simple: keep the group from dropping out by holding most bottom mag with a finger while removing the nail. After the mag(s)'s removal -- the nail was inserted.
    (I was asked, and did, make labels for these for him using my Brother Q500 label printer. He had a tube for 9mm, .40 S&W, and two for his .45 ACPs).
    His loading room also served as a basic wood-shop -- just a table saw, drill press, and small power tools -- and he did state that the plastic pipe holders also kept (saw)dust from getting on/sticking to the magazines. Lastly, the pipes kept the magazines "out of sight"... While he did not do it (as far as I know) he had all the bottom holes in line with each other, so one long piece of brass rod could readily replace the nail mag holders and be kept in place with a small padlock. (He (job) was transferred to Oregon, USA)
    geo