RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 H&R Mag Help

Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    https://www.handloadermagazine.com/3...gnum-pet-loads

Good bit of lead data in this article. Hopefully it's something you can use.
    I just read this. I have a new to me 6 1/2” Ruger Single Six (all steel) with a Bisley grip frame. I have an Arsenal mold that is a copy of the 98gr RCBS mold. I’m in the process right now of loading up a box with 3.0gr of Redot. Should be right around 1000fps. Thanks for sharing the article.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
    I have a beautiful 102gr soft cast hollow point boolit but I'm having a hard time finding good data to launch this thing.

Today I used 2.2gr of Tightgroup which is the max load in my Lyman cast book. The first round felt like a squib, it wasn't, just no recoil or power. The shells had soot around them from not sealing the chamber.

I'm using a S&W titanium J-frame, not an old H&R revolver. All I'm looking for is similar power as my 100gr XTP's which I can load much hotter using Hornady data.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I use a 105 gr 313631 cast of 30-1, GC'd and HP'd with a 1/8" Forster HP tool to the nose depth for my max true magnum level loads. I shoot them in a Ruger Single Six (original run) with 6 1/2" barrel. I, like numerous others, consider 28,000 psi to be top end for the Ruger. I have pressure tested (Contender barrel with Oehler M43 PBL) these loads not guestimated them.

Starline cases with WSP primers

5.0 gr of Unique runs 27,200 psi
    8.5 gr 2400 runs 27,000 psi
    10.5 gr H110 runs 27,300 psi6.3 gr Blue dot runs 27,500 fps
    Out of the 6 1/2" barrel of the SS they run 1220 - 1275 fps.

However, my most often used load [probably 99% of the time] is the Lee 90 gr SWC over 3.2 gr of Bullseye. It runs 16,500 psi and 1020 fps out of the Ruger SS.

Federal 95 gr LSWC factory runs at 18,200 psi and 1024 fps out of the Ruger SS.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12