Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingPBcastco
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Have You Seen Or Have / Had An Ideal #6 For The Old Short Range Bullets?

Have You Seen Or Have / Had An Ideal #6 For The Old Short Range Bullets?

Maybe, that all are pre-GC designs makes this nearly moot. Standard weights and designs limited by plain base velocities being so close in performance to the SR loads.

I have seen two Winchester 1894 loader and mold sets for the SR cartridge / bullet.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Grand Master
    Landy, was this # made in more than one caliber?
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

I THINK i SAW ONE SO MARKED ON FLEABVAY NOT TO LONG AGO. ( sry about that, not re-keying ) I think it was a 23-35 or something like that, maybe 303 Savage, or 32-40. But can we be sure that S.R. on the side of an old Ideal tool means " Short Range" ? or Saddle Ring or Standard Range...

Green Frog: You know more about the Ideal tools than I, so correct if needed - I think that the #6 was all of the rifle tools with mold. The S.R rounds from Winchester were available for several of their rounds, essentially all of the '94's rounds. Savage called theirs "Miniature" and the Canadians, too IIRC.

Ascast: Yours is a good point. Old Ideal markings can be cryptic. Knowing the mold may be the only sure way to know. You having saw one still points to their existence.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.