RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Colt 1851 Navy Gunsmith needed

Boolit Mold

Colt 1851 Navy Gunsmith needed

This has probably been addressed before, but I couldn't find a relevant thread.

I have a pair of consecutively numbered Colt Black Powder Signature Series 1851 Navies that I need repaired and re-timed.

I know that this series was an Imperito(sp) assembled set of guns and not authentic colts.

Can anyone direct me to a gunsmith who works on 1851 navies both real colts and the clones?

Thank you all in advance for any information you can give me.

Boolit Grand Master
    I think Uberti actually manufactured those.

Check with some of the cowboy action gunsmiths. No idea who to recommend.

Robert

Where are you located? It might be easier to direct you. I know of a shop in Chambersburg PA. that deals strictly in Black Powder guns. He does some smithing. Not sure how involved he gets.

Name: Fort Chambers Black Powder Gun Shop
    Address: 3292 Black Gap Rd, Chambersburg, PA 17202
    Phone: (717) 263-2223 Main

Also, you may want to check the North South Skirmish assc. web site, see if they can guide you.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    PM sent

Mike

Boolit Master
    http://www.goonsgunworks.com/ Goons Gun Works They do a lot of SASS black powder guns. He isn't cheap but your guns will run better than they ever have when he is done.

Another lead: Ryan Hoover, ryan@handgunhuntersupply.com He's located in Fredericksburg, TX. A few years ago he was just a successful gunsmith who did a lot of work for Cimarron Firearms Co., located in the same town. He gussied up a pair of .32-20 Uberti 1873s for me and did a great job. He seems to have gone onto other things, restarting the Single Action Shooting Assn. of J.D. Jones, Handgun Hunters International, and a new magazine called "The Sixgunner". Originally, when he started getting into the organization and magazine business he maintained a gunsmithing business on the side. I haven't had the opportunity to talk with him for several years, but whether or not he does the work personally I'm sure he can't be beat for single action gunsmithing. You could contact him via the above e-mail address and see what his status is, and if he isn't into gunsmithing anymore I'll bet he could point you in the right direction.

DG