MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Mossberg "Chuckster" 460KA

Boolit Master

Mossberg "Chuckster" 460KA

I've come into a Mossberg which, seemed at first, to only need some cosmetic care. After getting the exterior metal looking better than decent, taking the bolt apart & most of the trigger mechanism, I find now that it's back together that the firing pin has a tendency to drop when cycling the bolt! Not a good thing.

If I apply the safety, cycle the bolt, dis-engage the safety, it operates as it should. Very light trigger pull though, which is contrary to what I've read. Safety is VERY HARD to engage
    With the safety off, cycle the bolt fast, the firing pin can be heard
    Cycle the bolt slow and 'sometimes' the firing pin is heard, usually with the bolt handle half way down to close

When I came into this rifle I had no intention of keeping it, just clean it up and send it down the road. Other than time, I don't have a lot into it, but now I won't sell it as other than a parts gun. I would, just the same, like to know what's wrong here though.

Parts availability is kinda iffy, as least thru Numrich.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

I'll be the first to say - pics?

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm not trying to insult you here, but did it work properly before you took it apart? Are you sure you got it back together correctly?

I've never had one of that model apart, but I did have one of Mossberg's .22 Auto's that was very particular in how things went together. Yet another member of the "I should have kept that rifle" group.

Robert

Are you sure that it's 460KA and not a 640KA?.

I have a 340BA & 340BB. Their action is identical to the 640K. Luckily I have a Gun Digest Firearms Assembly/Disassembly for rimfire rifles by J.B. Wood & it gives a good guide for the 640K complete with photos.

There are several Mossberg experts on the rimfirecentral.com forum (two in particular). Those two know all Mossbergs & are always helpful. That forum has that J.B. Wood guide.

Good luck,
    Henry