RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, May 19

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, May 19

Good morning all. Today's message is a great encouragement. Thank you Jesus. Praise God. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - Greg Laurie
    Forget about Being Worthy

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death."
    —Revelation 12:11

Did you know that you’re loved by God, you’re cherished by God, and your prayers are welcomed by God?

Maybe you’re thinking, “But I’m not worthy.”

You’ll never be worthy, so forget about being so. We approach God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Hebrews 10:19 says, “And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus” (NLT).

Years ago, I was I having a meal with Billy Graham. I was a young man at that time, so I said to him, “If an older Billy could speak to a younger Billy, what would you say to yourself? What would you say to a younger Billy that he should be preaching on more than he is now?”

Without missing a beat, he said, “I would preach more on the cross and the blood of Christ, because that’s where the power is.”

It’s through the blood of Jesus that we can approach God. Ephesians 2:13 says, “Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ” (NLT). And 1 John 1:7 tells us, “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin” (NKJV).

As Christians, we can sometimes get into a works-righteousness mindset, where we think that if we do a certain number of good things, then God will be happy with us and hear our prayers. But God doesn’t hear our prayers based on what we’ve done. He hears our prayers because He sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross in our place.

There’s nothing we need to do to earn the favor of God. The blood of Jesus purchased that for us.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, I am worthy to go directly to God through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Boolit Master
    Amen, Thank you Jesus.