Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have a Vise?

Boolit Grand Master

I've been using one of these for a couple of years. I keep it in the garage and move it outside to clamp on the edge of a table as needed. Can't beat this small vice

The HF XY Vice is also a good value for home use. I use it with my small HF drill press all the time
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I have had one like that for a couple of years, works great for small parts!

Looks like a winner. Go post that as a review on HF site.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I've used that exact vice for almost 10 yrs.

The larger jaws are set up for winding springs using the various size arbors/ mandrels. It also has a spot for forming the spring " keepers" I make from the combination spring of single actions.
    The main use for the small jaws is holding the end of the flex shaft of my foot operated Dremel. It's an excellent 3rd hand and vice!!

Mike

Boolit Master
    I really like the OPs vise, probably would have bought one had I known about it. The last vise I bought came from Tractor Supply: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    I really like the OPs vise, probably would have bought one had I known about it. The last vise I bought came from Tractor Supply: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005
    There are diferences between 'Vises' and Vices'. I have 'Vices' that I would rather not talk about. I have a couple of 'Vises' that I use regularly. The one most used is a Wilton bench vise. FWIW.

Jim

Boolit Grand Master

Looked today at the vise I like and the tag reads Versa Vise

Boolit Master

"Do you have a Vise? " At least 6 or 7, The HF one like posted is one of the three or four that I know the current location of. I like it, I think it is quite nice for it's size and cost.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Vendor Sponsor

I won't totally ignore HF stuff, but I always go hunting up vintage and NOS USA made tools before I would buy Asian tools. In most cases I can find a high quality USA made, 40-50-60yr old vintage tool for comparable prices, often cheaper to buy the real deal than the Asian copy.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I won't totally ignore HF stuff, but I always go hunting up vintage and NOS USA made tools before I would buy Asian tools. In most cases I can find a high quality USA made, 40-50-60yr old vintage tool for comparable prices, often cheaper to buy the real deal than the Asian copy.
    Wish I had that kind of time!!! Lol

Mike

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by HWooldridge View Post
    Two Wiltons, two Kurts for milling, two Rigid pipe vises, six post leg vises for blacksmith work and one lonely Pana-Vise. My wife would shoot me if she sees another one come home in the back of my truck...
    This one fits in your lunch box!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Pickup trucks, air compressors, vises, can you imagine how your life would be without them? I don't want to and will not!!!!

Boolit Master
    Well, I can do without the pickup truck, especially in a world with $5/gallon gas. But I'll agree about the vises! I have a Wilton for "serious" work, an old Emmert's Patternmakers Vise for woodworking/stockmaking, Kurt on my my Bridgeport, and a bunch of small demountable vises under my loading bench for the odd little jobs requiring stronger gripping than my LH fingers can manage. Of those small vises probably the Panavise gets used the most.

Boolit Master
    I'm guessing good vises are getting hard to find or are selling for crazy high prices. I had an auctioneer come pick up a load of stuff a while back and he was going ape crazy over some of my vises including palmgren, ridgids and others. I didn't give him any vises but gave him an old beat up spare anvil and it sold for enough to buy a new Henry lever action.

Boolit Master
    I had two vise's 1 was women ,had to give up when got married
    2 alchohol but have pretty much give up on that too as it was irritating the kidneys too much

I also have a couple of bench mounted 8 inch Records and a nearly new Wilton for clamping things that require some brute force as well.

Boolit Master
    When I worked at the refinery,there were quality 6" vices on steel tables lying around everywhere ten to a table .....the kind that cost $500 new......never bolted down ,but welded.....just how the refinery guys look after everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12