Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Coming soon - lee six station progressive press

Boolit Master
    I think the only thing about the priming system that concerns me is that they use the same size ram for pushing the primer in. I’m not totally comfortable using a ram made for small primers to also seat large primers.

Yes that concerned me the first day I discovered they only used one. I am assured over on THR, that it doesn't mar the large primers. We will see. I am supposed to be getting my Inline F. press mount today.....excited to finally to be able to see for myself.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Yes that concerned me the first day I discovered they only used one. I am assured over on THR, that it doesn't mar the large primers. We will see. I am supposed to be getting my Inline F. press mount today.....excited to finally to be able to see for myself.
    That surprises me according to my experience. I once loaded up some ammo for my .41mag on my Lee turret and didn’t realize I’d forgotten to change the primer ram from small to large. After around 20 rounds I noticed sort of an indentation in the primers and discovered my mistake. But, they all fired just fine at the range even though there was a definite mark from the small primer ram.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    That surprises me according to my experience. I once loaded up some ammo for my .41mag on my Lee turret and didn’t realize I’d forgotten to change the primer ram from small to large. After around 20 rounds I noticed sort of an indentation in the primers and discovered my mistake. But, they all fired just fine at the range even though there was a definite mark from the small primer ram.
    Exactly! my experience too, and why I was surprised/concerned. I said, I'd see for myself. Doh.....I only bought the 9mm die plate.....don't think I'll be able to test big primers just yet....I'll ask 9mmepiphany over on THR, who I know set up for .45 acp first, to check it out and report.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=jetinteriorguy;5490657]That surprises me according to my experience. I once loaded up some ammo for my .41mag on my Lee turret and didn’t realize I’d forgotten to change the primer ram from small to large. After around 20 rounds I noticed sort of an indentation in the primers and discovered my mistake. But, they all fired just fine at the range even though there was a definite mark from the small primer ram.[/QUOTE
    I’m actually mistaken, old memory. It was when I was priming with my hand primer this happened, not using the priming system on the Lee Turret.

[QUOTE=jetinteriorguy;5490844]
    That surprises me according to my experience. I once loaded up some ammo for my .41mag on my Lee turret and didn’t realize I’d forgotten to change the primer ram from small to large. After around 20 rounds I noticed sort of an indentation in the primers and discovered my mistake. But, they all fired just fine at the range even though there was a definite mark from the small primer ram.[/QUOTE
    I’m actually mistaken, old memory. It was when I was priming with my hand primer this happened, not using the priming system on the Lee Turret.
    Just got a report from the guy doing .45 ACP on his 6000. Absolutely no indication of denting or marking the big primers.....I don't know how they accomplish that....but I'm not complaining.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=GWS;5490903]

Just got a report from the guy doing .45 ACP on his 6000. Absolutely no indication of denting or marking the big primers.....I don't know how they accomplish that....but I'm not complaining.
    Sounds good. I’m hoping this press works good for people and proves that Lee can put out a progressive press that just plain works. I’m not really looking at getting one since I’m pretty well covered with my Lee Classic Cast turret press and my Dillon 550B. I bought the Dillon used and it had been somewhat neglected. So I disassembled and cleaned it. I reassembled it according to all the videos on their website. I did wind up replacing a number of parts by purchasing them, and this was when their website and system was having problems. It also took a fair amount of tweaking on the priming system. But once it was all said and done it’s run like a champ and I now have all the knowledge and tools to work on it in the future. Once Dillons site was up and working they responded to my emails and warranted all the parts I had previously purchased so now I have spares. They also replaced free of charge some parts that were missing and I had tried to purchase, can’t beat that.

I guess Lee should start making a 6 pack of breech lock bushings with two different colors now.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789