Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon - lee six station progressive press

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45_Colt View Post
    Not sure about perfect. Why does the primer tray hit both the press body and whatever is in station 3? How many flexes of those plastic primer feed pieces is it going to take before it breaks and dumps primers all over.

22_Match
    This priming system appears to be nothing but the Pro1000, but with a feeder. On the Pro1000 the primer tray rubs on the tiebar which has notches on it. The purpose is to shake the primer tray to keep primers feeding. Why the guy in the video has it running into some kind of die, I have no idea. I wouldn't do that.

I like the Pro1000, and I never found it to have that much for problems. My question though is if the Pro1000 priming system wasn't good enough, in what way is this 6 pack an improvement? I don't see one iota of difference in that primer chute. The only difference is my Pro1000 took the old round tray, where now they use the new flip style tray. I guess the only real advantage I see is that now everything is out in the open. You can see what all is going on, where the Pro1000 went under the shell plate.

These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Here is the pro 6000 with a Lee bullet feeder, looks perfect!

These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks slow and deliberate in operation. A bit "herky jerky"? Looks like 7 rounds a minute.

IMO it is far from perfect if this is the best it can do.

Watch the video by Morris. 25 rounds a minute with a Loadmaster. That is "perfection" and would be phenomenal if easily achievable.

But perfection is a bit like accuracy. It means different things to different folks.
    Don Verna

So now it's just a grip about speed? You do realize these people are demonstrating the operation, right?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    So now it's just a grip about speed? You do realize these people are demonstrating the operation, right?
    Watch the video closely. The press is out of alignment. See the round tilt as it enters and exits the crimping die. Could explain the ..."herky jerkey". I am ignorant about Lee press set up. Maybe the alignment is adjustable? I know there is a tool to align the Dillon 550/650/750's but I have never needed it.

Makes me wonder if the guy doing the video knows what he is doing, did not read the setup instructions, or the press is faulty.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Watch the video closely. The press is out of alignment. See the round tilt as it enters and exits the crimping die. Could explain the ..."herky jerkey". I am ignorant about Lee press set up. Maybe the alignment is adjustable? I know there is a tool to align the Dillon 550/650/750's but I have never needed it.

Makes me wonder if the guy doing the video knows what he is doing, did not read the setup instructions, or the press is faulty.
    Alignment adjustments are very easy to do on this press & the ABLP, all he has to do is loosen the 3 allen bolts on top and run up the ram with a case in each station and retighten. Easy peasy.
    As for the jerking, I have seen numerous videos of dillions slinging powder out of cases in their rotation of operation.
    Last edited by deces; 10-20-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Boolit Mold
    deces Thanks for posting my video link.
    I have added right and left side views.
    This machine runs very well. I have had no major problems setting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by minerburns View Post
    I'm enjoying the content, keep it coming. I'm not sure if my comment came out right on youtube, but here is a part that can be printed at a local library or university that offers the service. Grab the STL on a SD card and print to 90% infill.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4683770/files
    Last edited by deces; 10-20-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

My question is why is Lee early releasing presses to people with no following? 2 subscribers for David Sherman. 34 subscribers for reloader523. I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, but I'd much rather see a 6 pack sent to someone like Gavintoob who does honest reviews, and is at least mildly mechanically inclined.

Saving money......the early releases was to use up machines they "thought" was ready, but had cosmetic flaws.....they didn't want to throw them away. Unknown to them was the more serious production flaws that caused some of the "earlys" to not get them afterall.....at least....early. Maybe by Christmas, when they are 'really' out, they'll send a copy to Gavin for the Gavin Review if that's important.

I'll bet Lee won't do this again.....best to have private testers.....ask RCBS....they really got burned by the earlys a few years ago.

More than likely all this was finance driven....who's not a little tight that way this year!

Boolit Grand Master

That sounds like a win when you put it that way. They sell a functional, but imperfect press, and only to nobodies. With so few views of those videos, almost all I'm sure because of this forum, they practically are private beta testers. I'm not that worried about it, I just wish they would release some of the other goodies. I don't even see it on the website, are they releasing a bullet feed die like in the video? The other one I'm looking at is their new Smart Lock bushings. I always really liked their standard lock rings, but it's getting to the point that everything I have has their breech lock setup, why not use it. My classic cast has it. My hand press has it. My APP has it. Soon I could own a progressive with it. I liked their steel bushings, but they are hard to use with the new version of their breech lock which is recessed and don't have the button anymore. The clamp style ones work easy, but I hate adjusting them, and I'm adjusting dies almost every time I load something. These smartlock bushings look like the best of all worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    That sounds like a win when you put it that way. They sell a functional, but imperfect press, and only to nobodies. With so few views of those videos, almost all I'm sure because of this forum, they practically are private beta testers. I'm not that worried about it, I just wish they would release some of the other goodies. I don't even see it on the website, are they releasing a bullet feed die like in the video? The other one I'm looking at is their new Smart Lock bushings. I always really liked their standard lock rings, but it's getting to the point that everything I have has their breech lock setup, why not use it. My classic cast has it. My hand press has it. My APP has it. Soon I could own a progressive with it. I liked their steel bushings, but they are hard to use with the new version of their breech lock which is recessed and don't have the button anymore. The clamp style ones work easy, but I hate adjusting them, and I'm adjusting dies almost every time I load something. These smartlock bushings look like the best of all worlds.
    There was about 75 blemished presses that were publicly on sale at their website, for consumer testing, anyone could have bought one. It's nobody's fault that gavintoob was a sleep at the wheel in buying one of these, to gainer all the youtube videos since this presses conception and appease all the critics. Good Lord...

Boolit Grand Master

I certainly wasn't aware of any presses for sale publicly. I've been on the email list at both Lee and Titan reloading since at least June. I've regularly checked Lee for updates, including calling them about once a month. I don't see it listed anywhere on this thread that any were released. If they were for sale, it wasn't for long, and it certainly wasn't known to anyone that wasn't lucky enough to stumble into it by accident.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minerburns View Post
    So, inquiring minds want to know...
    How did you acquire the elusive Lee Pro 6000/Six Pack press?

your other vids for those who have not seen them:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/miner72burns/videos

Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

I certainly wasn't aware of any presses for sale publicly. I've been on the email list at both Lee and Titan reloading since at least June. I've regularly checked Lee for updates, including calling them about once a month. I don't see it listed anywhere on this thread that any were released. If they were for sale, it wasn't for long, and it certainly wasn't known to anyone that wasn't lucky enough to stumble into it by accident.
    Someone let the cat out of the bag months ago on the highroad board, they were under Lee's clearance section I believe. I was kinda chapped too man.

Boolit Grand Master
    My question is why is Lee early releasing presses to people with no following? 2 subscribers for David Sherman. 34 subscribers for reloader523. I'm not saying they don't know what they are doing, but I'd much rather see a 6 pack sent to someone like Gavintoob who does honest reviews, and is at least mildly mechanically inclined.
    I have to agree +++++.

For those who have worked in manufacturing, in a management position, I have a question. Would your company release 75 units that are potentially defective or at best "seconds" to the market before a product launch? If you did, would you select the people to evaluate them or sell them to the general public? For those who have not been in management the answer is NO NO NO!!

75 presses that retail for $350 might cost Lee $200. So they recouped $15k, assuming none of the parts could be used on a "good" unit. IMO this demonstrates how badly managed they are. And one last point. When a company does stupid things like this, it affects their employees. They know their company is Mickey Mouse and is OK with selling crap.

I managed two manufacturing companies before retiring. I would tell my managers, "The speed of the captain is the speed of the crew". You lead by example.

BTW, I stated with Lee stuff and have some Lee stuff. Not a Lee hater but I am a realist. Buying a Lee progressive would be a foolish decision for the average person who wants a true progressive press. Lee has never made one that works well enough for the average person to figure out, so why would anyone roll the dice on their next iteration? Unless your name is Morris or MacGyver, good luck.
    Don Verna

Boolit Mold
    I got an email from John Lee on Aug 31 offering me one of 72 machines.
    I believe I got it because I had visited their website and hit the button marked "notify me when back in stock".
    There was a mention that these first presses were discounted because of a cosmetic defect.
    I jumped right on it.
    The next day I started a Facebook user group for this machine. (I also have one for the Lee ABLP/Pro 4000.)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/462694899071354/
    Currently we have 149 members.
    Lee has stated that more machines will be released around the end of October.
    This press was easier to setup than the ABLP.

Boolit Grand Master

I just checked my call history. I called Lee on both August 4th and August 30th (as well as September 29th). No emails from them in August. Like I said, I've been on both the Lee and Titan email list since at least June.

If you got one of these early presses, you were intentionally selected to get one for whatever reason. Maybe it was a random draw, who knows.

Boolit Grand Master
    I just checked my call history. I called Lee on both August 4th and August 30th (as well as September 29th). Like I said, I've been on both the Lee and Titan email list since at least June.

If you got one of these early presses, you were intentionally selected to get one for whatever reason.
    You are very perceptive.

The companies I operated were about the same size as Lee. There is no rationale I can envision for the president of a company that size to get involved in who gets these "cosmetically defective" presses. There is more to the story IMO.

Post 118, from minerburns, makes it worse for Lee. I can see some flunky making a foolish decision to sell these, but it seems John Lee knew about this, and was personally involved.
    Don Verna

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast